1

Blair

"Max, Tommy, come on," I held out my hands for my younger brothers, who both instantly grasped a hand and we began to walk to the apartment after their school.

"What are we doing this weekend?" Tommy asked while jumping up and down.

"Maybe we can go pick out a Christmas present for Bee," I suggested, instantly making them smile.

"Yeah, let's get Bee-Bee a present," Max agreed, making me chuckle.

"Alright, you two have to be on your best behavior Saturday then," I said and they nodded. "What should we do for dinner?"

"Corn dogs?" Tommy's head tilted and I nodded. After another fifteen minutes, we made it to the apartment complex and I held the door open for the two, who rushed in followed by me. We went up to the third floor and I let them in, instantly the two rushed to their room. While they played for a while, I got out their school stuff, checking to make sure they didn't have any homework before going onto mine. As I did my homework, I also worked on making a quick dinner for them, which didn't take a lot of my time. Mostly just heating frozen foods up for the two.

"Alright, dinner is ready, you two boogers," I said, coming into their room. THey bursted into laughter as they ran past me, taking a seat at the table for their corn dogs, tater tots, and peas. They began to eat as I cleaned up the kitchen from the mess, putting the leftovers in the fridge. Before I could make myself a sandwich, they were already done and begging for a movie, which I knew would be a pain. As they argued, I cleaned off the table until I heard screaming and crying.

"Hey, what's going on?" I rushed into the kitchen, pushing the two away from each other.

"He hit me," Max wailed.

"Because he's being stupid,"

"Tommy, we do not hit or say that word," I scolded, grabbing his hand.

"But I wanna watch Pokemon and he doesn't," Tommy stomped as I pulled him up, leading him to his room.

"That is not an excuse to hit or say mean words, go sit in the timeout chair for five minutes," I pointed to the chair. He huffed and went over as I went back with Max, comforting him as he cried into my shirt. "It's alright bubby," I hushed him as I kissed his forehead. Out of the two Max was definitely the most sensitive. Any harsh word, tone, or violent action upset him. Tommy was the wild card. Full of energy, not caring about authority, and could be a handful.

After five minutes, I went back with Tommy explaining why hitting was wrong and why stupid was a mean word: a conversation I had at least once a day. He went and apologized to Max, then we watched spiderman like Max wanted. Once they finished, I gave them a bath, got them ready for bed, read to them, then they were asleep. At this point I was too exhausted to make anything for dinner, so I didn't. I got myself ready for bed as my older sister, Bea, got home.

"How were the boys?"

"A handful, but nothing I couldn't control," I sent her a reassuring smile. "How was work?"

"A handful, but nothing I couldn't control," she quoted me with a wink, making me chuckle. "Did you eat dinner?"

"Yeah, they had corn dogs, peas, and tater tots. I had a sandwich," I lied about the last part. She nodded and grabbed clothes to change into, then came out of the bathroom in sweats.

"I'm going to make dinner then head to bed,"

"I was going to take Max and Tommy out tomorrow," I said and she nodded.

"That would be awesome, I'll give you some money,"

"You don't have to-"

"I'm going to," she chuckled. "Now go to bed,"

"Alright, night," I sighed as she kissed my cheeks.

"Night,"

"Love you,"

"Love you too," I smiled as she left, letting me crawl into bed and fall asleep.