Chapter Thirty One

Start from the beginning

"Dad?"

"Hmm?"

"You're rambling."

"Oh," Eric said with a sheepish chuckle. "So I was. Your mother would have probably explained that a bit more succinctly than I just did huh?"

"Maybe just a smidge," Melody said, gently nudging her dad with her shoulder. They both knew where her mom was though, Elle had asked for Ariel to be with her through the labor and Melody had agreed that was the smartest decision.

Yes, they both loved their father but when one was going through labor, you truly only wanted your mom. Not to mention the hospital had rules about only allowing a certain number of guests during labor.

"I hope Elle's doing okay," Melody said softly and gently rested her head on Eric's shoulder.

"When it comes to a delivery, no news is good news," Eric told her. "Means everything's going exactly as it should."

Melody nodded and gave her dad a small smile, not wanting to remind him that she'd been on the other side of a delivery before. She was pretty sure that he didn't want the memory of his younger daughter giving birth flooding his mind on the day that his elder daughter was giving birth to her own child.

"You could have invited a friend or two," Eric told her. "No sense in being here bored after all."

Melody sat up as she shook her head. "As much as I love my friends, that wouldn't have been fair to Akiho, to not have his friends here as well."

"You know that nothing would stop Emir and Ben from being by Akiho's side if they needed to be," Eric told her with a small chuckle.

Melody nodded but before she could say anything more, Akiho came out through the double doors; a grin threatening to split his face in two.

Not that was out of the ordinary when it came to him though.

"Akiho?" Kristoff asked as he stood up; Anna and Elsa following him and Melody and Eric looking toward their in-law. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything's great dad," Akiho said. "I was just wondering if you, mom, and King Eric would like to see your granddaughter?"

"Wait...why just dad, King Kristoff and Queen Anna?" Melody asked after the excitement seemed to fade. Yes she was happy for Elle of course but why couldn't she see her niece?

Akiho gave her an apologetic smile. "Only three guests in the room at the same time unfortunately. But I promise, you'll be seeing your niece more than you thought you would."

"Fine..." Melody said but with a small chuckle so Akiho knew she wasn't upset. "I'll hang out here with your aunt while your parents and my dad get to see the newest edition of our families."

Eric chuckled and gently kissed Melody's head before he followed Akiho, Kristoff, and Anna toward Elle's room. It wasn't long before the five of them found their way into Elle's hospital room.

"Hey sweetheart," Akiho said with a smile as he slowly opened the door. "You up for a few people?"

"Akiho, considering you already said you were getting our parents, I think it'd be rather cruel if I told them to go away," Elle said with a weak chuckle. She'd been moved from the water birthing tub to a dry bed and had a bundle of blankets in her arms.

"Oh...right..." Akiho said with a sheepish chuckle of his own.

Elle smiled at the collection of parents in her room. "Mom, dad, Kristoff, Anna, I'd like to introduce you to your granddaughter. Emily Anna Bjorgman."