Chapter 4: A Feathered Freind

Start from the beginning

"Flacub!" Starfire growled, gaining Jennifer's attention, and looked up from her bag and turned around."What's the matter, Starfire?" She asked.

"Fla!" Starfire growled, looking at the sky with narrow eyes.

"Huh?" Jennifer questioned and followed Starfire's line of sight and saw a strange shadow diving toward them at a fast speed.

'What is that heading towards us?' She thought, confused about what was flying towards them.

A high-pitched cry was released as the figure landed on the ground, which turned out to be a small, dark purple, slightly plump bird. On top of its head are three long crests of feathers. It has large blue eyes. It has a small orange beak and feet with three sharp toes. It also has long wings that curl at the end and a tail that points upward.

'Let's see what Pokemon that is

'Let's see what Pokemon that is.' Jennifer thought, taking out her pokedex and pointing it at the bird. Pokemon landed in front of them, letting out a loud cry.

"Croling, The Tiny crown bird Pokemon. A dark and flying type. This Pokemon is known to make homes in trees in the forest. They are often gathered in small flocks and significant territory."

'Well, that explains why it seems mad at us. We must be in its territory, but we're the rest flock.' She thought, putting away her pokedex.

"Croling, you're going to be mine!" Jennifer smiled."Starfire, use Tackle!" She commended.

"Flacub!" Starfire cried out, charging toward the tiny bird.

"Crol!" Croling cried out, flying up and avoiding the incoming tackle making Starfire crash into the ground.

"Starfire, get up, and Ember, up!"

"Flacub!" Starfire cried, lifting his head up and shooting a flame at Croling.

"Croling!" Croling cried out as the flame hit its wing. "Cro!" It cried, shaking off the pain as it flapped its wings, creating a powerful gust of wind and smacking Flacub into the tree.

"Fla!"

"Starfire, don't back down. Charge forward with Tackle, and then use Ember when you get close!"

"Flacub!" Starfire cried, running towards Croling at full speed soon as it got closer, it jumped up slightly and blasted Croling with Ember knocking it to the ground.

"Alright, Pokeball, go!" Jennifer shouted, throwing a Pokeball at Croling.

The Pokeball hit Croling on the head as it was sucked inside by a red beam. Starla lifted her head on up from her paws and glanced at the shaking Pokeball curiously as it shook for a while until it clicked with a light showing Croling was caught.

"Yes, I caught a Croling!" Jennifer cheered, running over and picking up the Pokeball containing her new Pokemon."We did it, Starfire!" She said, picking him up and hugging him and smiling, seeing Starla staring at her for once with a slight hint of emotion.

'It seems the battle caught her attention; hopefully, I can bring out more of that emotion.'

Jennifer strapped the Pokeball on her belt and walked over to her bag."Alright, time to go return Starfire," She said, returning Flacub to his Pokeball.

"Meow," Starla muttered, turning away from Jennifer.

"Starla, come on, let's get going," She said, putting her bag on her shoulder and started walking off with Starla following.

'The more she out with me, the more likely I can break through to her.' Jennifer thought as she and Starla continued their journey through Route 1.

To be continued...

Hey everyone, I hope you enjoyed the fourth chapter of Pokemon Destiny Quest. In this chapter, Jennifer catches her very first Pokemon, which ended up being a beautiful tiny bird Pokemon, on her way to Guren Town to register for the Pokemon league.

Thank you to everyone who has been reading and leaving votes on my story.

WC: 1233

Question of the chapter: What is your favorite Pokemon typing?