☂︎︎┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎: 𝐂𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

☂︎︎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎: 𝐂𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒
written by: peachyhxlland

"The first Poe Cup took place in 1897 as a way to not only honor Nevermore's most famous alumni but to celebrate those values that all outcasts share," Larissa spoke up as everyone gathered in the Quad. "Community, perseverance, and determination. And we certainly saw those values on display today."

Wednesday and Enid as well as their team were standing next to Larissa as she gave her speech. Wednesday was intensely glaring at everyone, evidently uncomfortable from all the joyous stares and wide grins she was receiving from most students and teachers.

Enid happily accepted the massive Poe Cup trophy that Larissa had just handed her. Enid raised the trophy high. "Whoo! Yeah!" She screamed, causing the crown to cheer and clap. You and Cindy clapped together, happy that Enid's efforts finally paid off.

"Congratulations to Ophelia Hall!" Larissa praised, missing Wednesday who immediately walked away. "As a former resident, I will be happy to see the cup back on the mantle after all these years."

Everyone continued chatting about the recent event after Larissa's speech and the applause. You made the decision to check on Xavier since Cindy had already left to congratulate Enid and the others. You took a break from the crowd and went to find Xavier by the fountain. You spotted Xavier looking solemnly down at the sliced cake on his plate. He was sitting next to Ajax, whose back was slumped, and who was also holding a plate of cake. The two best friends were sulking together.

You approached the two boys and stood in front of Xavier. "Hey..." You greeted. Xavier turned away from his cake and offered you the slightest smile he was capable of achieving at the time. Despite the fact that he was depressed following the loss and sabotage in Poe Cup, he still wanted to try to smile whenever he greets you.

"You look dreadful, Xavi."

"I did just lose the Poe Cup, so, yes. Of course I look dreadful."

On the side of Xavier where nobody else was seated, you took a seat next to him. "You did great, don't worry."

"We looked like fools." Xavier scoffed as he stabbed the cake with his fork. "What a coincidence because we were jokers. Fools in jester costumes."

You frowned as you cast a guilty look down at your inability to console Xavier. You were aware of his competitive nature and his dislike of defeat. "At least eat something."

Xavier shook his head. "Doesn't feel like I deserve it."

"Of course, you do!" You got hold of his fork, took a slice of cake, and held it high in front of his mouth. "Eat it."

"No."

"Eat it or I'll give this to Ajax."

Ajax was startled to hear his name brought up in the conversation, and his ears perked up at the mention of him.

Xavier stared at you before eating the cake. "There." He mumbled. "Happy?"

"You're finishing this cake, mister." While waiting for him to finish chewing, you grinned as you raised another piece. Xavier shook his head once more before grabbing the fork and pushing it in your direction. "You eat it!"

"Hey, I didn't join the Poe Cup!"

"So, who cares? Everyone else is eating and most of them didn't join."

Ajax blinked his eyes and then quietly got up after suddenly feeling like a third wheel. Not that Xavier and you would even pay attention to him leaving since you two were now lost on your own world.