☂︎︎┆𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐒

☂︎︎
𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑 𝐂𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍𝐒
written by: peachyhxlland

It was a usual day for students in Nevermore Academy. Students were littered all around the school grounds during their vacant schedule, the sky was partly cloudy, and ravens were crowing. You chose to remain at the Quad for some alone time while your roommate and best friend, Cynthia "Cindy" Morales, was busy watching with Enid Sinclair in her room.

Since you and Cindy were scheduled to go on a skincare date later (as requested by Cindy), you were going to wait for her in your dorm. However, you made the decision to get some fresh air and wait for Cindy in the Quad.

You were so absorbed in playing with the fountain's water that you didn't see a tall figure with shoulder-length brown hair approaching from behind. When you turned around, you saw your friend looking down at you with a smile. "All by yourself here?"

"Hi, Xavier." You greeted him, and you then moved away to make room for him by giving him the invitation to seat next to you. "Cindy ditched me for a bit. She's busy watching a boy band live-stream with Enid in her room."

Xavier nodded before settling down next to you and putting his hands in his pockets. You cast a quick glance around the area, where a few students were engaged in conversation with one another. "Bianca's not around?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Because whenever she's around, you avoid her at all costs."

The two of you resumed your conversation until a few students came by. "Oh, look! It's Looney (Y/n)." You heard Jason's voice, one of your bullies.

You frowned at your schoolmates while Xavier gave them a death glare. "Have you all got nothing else better to do? Piss off." He scowled and Jason and his friends walked away with a sneer. "Assholes." He muttered under his breath.

You looked at him and smiled. "You didn't have to tell them off."

"Well, I'm sick of them calling you names." Xavier scoffed as he looked back at where your bullies ran off to. "I'll punch them if they'll utter an insult to you again."

"You'll get tired and used to it just like me. So, no need to make a big issue about it." You shrugged in response as you took a handful of water from the fountain and used your abilities to transform it into a bunch of daisies.

Xavier took one daisy and you stared at the flower that was perched on his large hand. Xavier cast a glance your way. "You should make a flower crown from this. Maybe give it to Cynthia."

Hearing his suggestion made you feel elated, and your eyes sparkled with excitement. "Brilliant idea, Xavi!" You missed the pure loving smile that Xavier was giving you as you joyfully set the daisies in your lap and started working on the flower crown.

Since the beginning of the semester, you and Xavier Thorpe have been close friends. You two have already met before when you were young, but you both drifted apart until running into one another at Nevermore Academy. As your friendship progressed, you two came to regard one another as your best friends.

When Xavier needed a friend or a companion with whom to share his problems, you were there. Whenever some of the students made fun of or insulted you, he was there.

Xavier was worried about your ability to remain composed in the face of profanity or other forms of abuse from other students. He sincerely feared that the insults and taunts had already damaged your self-esteem. It was instinctive for Xavier to keep you away from those students, especially Jason because he knew you didn't deserve to be treated that way.