Chapter 17

Today is my birthday guys🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳. Happy birthday to me❤️❤️❤️❤️

Darius' POV

       "Search the pack house. Search everywhere. Find her" I roared in frustration. Another raid, another dead end. We are yet to find the King's bride. I knew deep down that she was not in this pack, if she was we would have found her by now. I walked towards the pack house, bodies littered the grounds, blood everywhere. I swiped the blood dripping down my face as I continued my search.

      "She is not here" a rogue said to me. Words that I was overly familiar with. Words I choose not to accept. Words that irked me. Words that frustrated me. I let out an angry roar which made them bend their heads in submission.

     "We leave at dusk. Grab anything valuable and burn the rest. I need to clear my head. I will meet you guys at the camp" I said, shifted and ran off with no destination in mind. I ran around for hours until I decided it was time to go back to the camp.

When. I got to the camp, I shifted back and got dressed in a pair of shorts I found by the trees. I walked into the camp, and signaled for my lead warrior to follow me to my tent. I grabbed some water to drink as soon as I got inside my tent, while the lead warrior, Ben stood at attention in front of my desk. When I had drank to my satisfaction, I went to my desk and took a seat.

"This is the third pack we are raiding in Spain now and still nothing. None of the information we are getting about the King's bride is true just a bunch of dead ends" I said running my hand through my hair in frustration.

"I have beheaded the mutt that brought the wrong information" Ben said with no emotion on his voice.

"Good. The bloody mutt made me waste my time and energy. We have to find her before Francis does. I would not let that pest make me look like a fool" I growled out in annoyance. Francis and I are the second in command of King Ryker. We were both tasked with the mission of finding the King's bride. Francis and I have always butted heads. We don't agree on a lot of things. So of course we are not working together on this mission. Francis wants to find her first so that he can get more favour in the King's sight. Ryker and I have come a long way together. We have been ruling together for years before we picked up Francis along the way. The fucking mutt just hates me. He does everything to discredit me not that I care. He can't get rid of me. Doesn't mean I don't want to find the King's bride first. I owe it to my friend. Having this female will make him happy and so be very beneficial to the pack then I will do anything to bring her to him. I don't care how many wolves I have to slaughter but the girl must be found.

      "The valuables we got from the last raid has been rounded up and placed in your tent as usual" Ben said points to the corner of my tent where the valuables we got were placed.

    I ran growled out in frustration. Where could she be? I kept asking myself. Where could she be hiding? Where should I search next?  These thoughts kept running in my head but yet I had no answers to them. I signaled for Ben to leave which he did before I picked up my phone and dialed King Ryker to give him the feedback about this raid. After a few rings he answered the phone.

    Phone call.    

     " Give me good news Darius" Ryker growled out in anger.

    "It was a failure. The intel we got was false" I said monotone voice.

     "Damn it. How hard is it to find her. Francis came back with nothing as well" he growled. I could hear the frustration in his voice.