⭐⭐⭐|¦_From Tam To Cam(p)_¦|⭐⭐⭐

Start from the beginning

Kevin raised his hands "Chill dude, I didn't ask for that graphic answer."

I climbed the ladder to the attic, leaving the rest of the conversation to them.

The attic was filled with Greek hero junk. The prominent of those were armor stands covered in cobwebs, once-bright shields pitted with rust, old leather steamer trunks plastered with stickers displaying 'Ithaka, Circe's Isle' and 'Land Of The Amazons'. A Hot Pink coloured scarf was sitting inside a jar innocently displaying 'Danger! Potent Love Magic!'. The Plaque read 'Aphrodite's Scarf, scavenged by Perseus Jackson and Annabeth Chase, Waterland Park, Denver, Colorado'

One long table was stacked with glass jars filled with pickled things-severed hairy claws, huge yellow eyes, various other parts of monsters. A dusty mounted trophy on the wall looked like a giant snake's head, but with horns and a full set of shark's teeth. The plaque read 'Hydra Head Number 1, Woodstock, NY, 1969'.

By the window, sitting on a wooden tripod stool, was the most gruesome memento of all, a mummy. But not just any mummy, this was one of the most dangerous mummy that it could predict and doom your future. This was The Oracle of Delphi.

I had briefly seen it before, after I had just arrived in this world. It seemed so long ago now. I took a deep breath and asked "What is my destiny?"

The Mummy's eyes glowed and a raspy voice came forth "No... Ssssstringsss..." It hissed "Sson of Possseidon... Champion of Chronussss... Beware... Fatessss are watching... Death and tragic awaitssss..."

Then the green glow of the eyes turned off and it looked lifeless than ever. As I stared at it, an icy feeling clenched my heart.

I had never felt this scared before, and I didn't know what I was going to expect. What was I going to do now that it was officially declared the Fates were watching my every step.

As I climbed down through the ladders, I could hear every creak it would make. Chiron looked at me gave me a questioning look.

I gulped, deciding I could not tell my recent relevations. I had a feeling it would make things worse than before. "It, ah, it said I had to do this alone," I lied. What better way to protect Gwen and Kevin than not including them? "and I would return back safely, and uh... Gaining more... Information."

Gwen looked at me suspiciously. Chiron nodded, obviously relieved "Did it say anything else?"

I shook my head. Then he looked directly at me "Then you better get started. The sooner you do it, the better."

I hurried back to cabin 3, avoiding eye contact with anyone. Percy wasn't in camp right now, he was also assigned some quest which I haven't been informed of.

As I neared to the camp borders to exit, I found Gwen blocking my way. "Hey Gwen." I greeted her cautiously. Last thing that I wanted was to have one of them come with me.

"Don't hey me." Gwen said, crossing her arms. "Don't try to lie your way. Yes, I know you were lying."

"Bu- but how?" I asked. Gwen smirked "Well, don't you remember how we used to confirm you weren't lying? If you lied, you would-"

"Flutter my left eye thrice. I completely forgot about it." I butted in.

"Yes. Thankfully Kevin didn't notice it this time. Now, what were you trying to hide?" Gwen asked.

I sighed "Look, it's not for your ears." Gwen then said "Didn't we agree to not lie to each other?"

I got an annoyed look "Like that prevented you from telling the truth about my parents." Seeing her hurt expression, I quickly apologized "Sorry."