Carter nodded before turning back to pay attention to the teacher.

°. *࿐ ༻༺ ࿐°. *

The next day, Carter stood in the kitchen, making her dad a grilled cheese when she heard a knock. She opened the door to see Jasper and Rosalie standing there. She smiled at them brightly, "Hey, guys. Come in and just give me a minute," she told them and turned to her call her dad, "Hey, dad!" She called out.

Jasper grabbed her coat from the hanger and handed it to her as her father made his way downstairs. Carter pointed towards the two blondes, "dad, this is Rosalie and Jasper Hale." She introduced them, and Jasper put his hand out, "it's very nice to meet you, Mr. Darvill." He said as Rosalie also shook his hand.

"You too." Jack nodded as Carter put her coat on, "grilled cheese on the stove, get take out for dinner, and please, for God's sake go to sleep early," she demanded as she followed her two friends out of the house. Her father chuckled, "Alright, mom. You have fun!" He called out after her, and she waved, getting in the back seat.

It didn't take them long to get to their house, and Carter spent the car ride talking with Rosalie, who seemed to like her well enough.

As the trio got out of the car, Carter gaped at the house, "I already love it." She stated as Rosalie took her coat and put it away for her, she chuckled, "well I hope you didn't expect a dungeon and crazy torture devices," she said, leading her up the stairs.

Carter snorted, "What? Pfft, no. But you gotta gave coffins stored somewhere, right?" She questioned as the blonde led her into the kitchen.

"Unfortunately not," a gentle voice spoke and Carter turned to look at a woman who came forward and wrapped her arms around Carter, causing her to tense, "it's very nice to meet you, Carter. I'm Esme." She introduces herself.

"Carter this is our mother," Jasper told her as Alice entered the kitchen, holding a vase in her hands and Emmet came in behind her.

"Hello Carter, it is very nice to meet you... again," Carlisle came forward and grabbed her hand, shaking it firmly.

"Hi, Dr. Cullen." She smiled and he smiled back, "please, call me Carlisle."

Esme grabbed her attention as she grabbed a bowl, "we're making Italiano for you and Bella," she told her, kindly.

"Oh please, you didn't have to," Carter protested and Emmet gave a booming laugh, "don't worry kiddo. It's the first time we're using the kitchen."

Carter rolled her eyes at the buff man, but smiled nonetheless, "then let me help," she said and Emmet tapped the knife he held on the counter to his right.

Alice pulled Jasper away and Rosalie started on the salad. A few minutes later, Rosalie spoke up, "Does she even like Italian?" She asked.

Emmet shrugged at her, "her name's Bella," he said, causing Carter to snort, "convincing argument." She muttered just as Rosalie looked up and inhaled sharply, "get a whiff of that. The human's here," she smirked.

Esme stepped out from behind the corner just as Bella and Edward stepped into the kitchen. Esme introduced herself and Emmet waved the knife at Bella causing Carter to reach out and grab his arm and pull it down.