Wait!

Looks like there's no time to properly think this through if Grilby and Vulpix want to escape before tomorrow.
.
.
.
.
"Hey, Ash?"
"..."
"Ash! Hello?!" Goh asked as he waved a hand in front of Ash, eventually making him snap out of his trance.
"Huh?! Oh, sorry Goh, what were you going to say?" Ash asked, embarrassed.
"Pika pi.." Pikachu acted just the same as his trainer..

"Geez.. you both are really out of it huh?" Goh scratched the back of his head as he looked at the two. "I would've thought you'd be excited! To meet all your other Pokémon, we're in your home town, it's a never heard of before Pokémon that we need to rescue.. All that!"

"Yeahh. It's nice that we're here. Really nice! But are we sure that this isn't some sort of new scheme with Team Rocket? I mean... AA HEY!" "PIKA PIKA!"
Both Ash and Pikachu yelled as they both got a snipe shot in the face.
"Thank you very much Inteleon." Goh said smugly.
"Inte. Inteleon."

"Why did you do that!"
"Well you two clearly aren't in your minds right now. I mean, when isn't Ash excited when ever these things happen? Sure I get excited because of the possibilities of new Pokémon I've never caught! But you should have double the excitement!"

Ash seemed to contemplate it as the two walked around the forest, the same one the unknown Pokémon was last in.
"You know what? You're right!"

"Of course I am. And besides, if we had- AAAAA" All of a sudden Goh was swept up into the air. Immediately Pikachu jumped off of Ash's shoulder and was on guard. Ash looked up to see Goh hanging upside down on a tree branch in a net encasing him.

"Get me down already!" Goh yelled as he flailed around in the net.
"Right! Pikachu, use iron tail!"
Of course, Goh fell straight to the ground afterwards, making a loud THUMP sound. He sat up, rubbing his back.

"Ouch.." Goh said as he took Ash's hand and stood up. "Why was that net even there?" Goh asked before realizing, Ash also realized at the same time.
"That Pokémon must've got taken by hunters somewhere around here!" They both said at the same time.
"We have to start looking around here for any clues!"
"Right!"

It didn't take very long for the two to find tire tracks that lead off somewhere. It wasn't very far from the net trap, and there seemed to be signs of a battle that had happened. Ash and Goh were about to start following the tracks when they got a call from Professor Cerise.

"What is it Professor?" Ash asked.
"Well we found out that the hunters are selling that rare unknown Pokémon off to a buyer tomorrow. The location of that buyer is unknown, and there is a possibility of other Pokémon also being sold off tomorrow. We have to try and save as many Pokémon as possible. So please, Ash, Goh, hurry before you run out of time." The two trainers both nodded their heads as the call hanged up.

"Well then, let's get going!" Ash said as he started running. Goh stood there standing, processing for a second.
"Huh? Hey! Wait up! You don't know if there's still hunters here!" Goh yelled as he ran after Ash.

.
.
.
.
.

'Are humans always to be so corrupt..?' Grilby thought as he looked at all the other Pokémon that were in the same situation as him. Well, perhaps not the other situation, his original one with being suddenly on the surface, but the caged and to be sold situation...

"Vulpix!"

Grilby looked over to Vulpix, trying to get out of the cage by breathing fire onto the bars. Although it seemed there was an odd barrier of sorts that rendered the fire useless. "Vulpix.. Please save your strength and wait a little longer. I'll be the one to get us out of the cages, you're too young to be burdening yourself with such big responsibilities..."

Vulpix looked over at Grilby, teary eyed. "Vul.." They held up a paw at Grilby, seemingly wanting to be with him again before putting it down and curling up. It viewed Grilby as its father figure.

It really did hurt Grilby's soul. 'We just need to wait until the lights are out and all the humans are at the very least mostly gone...' For some odd reason, the barrier did not activate against Grilby's magic. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that Grilby isn't those creatures called Pokémon? He wasn't quite sure, but he's at least glad for it.

He couldn't really tell the time very well, there was none of the sky in sight. Right when he finally saw it after years and years and was enjoying it.. He gets put in a cage and only gets to see artificial lighting with humans patrolling around.

He- Grilby looked over at Vulpix.
They will just have to wait and get out of here together.
To see the outside again and not be under one's control.

————————
The long awaited update is here!
Sorry for such a wait, I just haven't found inspiration and motivation to do anything on this app. I even contemplated permanently leaving. But I decided not to.

Your comments really help motivate since it's great to see/read all of y'all's reactions! It makes me want to just write more so I can read more.

Hope you all are enjoying this story so far.

P.S. Ignore spelling mistakes and things that don't make sense. This started at 2:47 AM and published at 3:23 AM....