I just adore you - j.o

Start from the beginning

"So, who wants to talk about today's incident first? Hmm?" He asked, looking between you and Flash. "Why don't you start, Flash?" You huffed quietly, rolling your eyes.

The meeting was just basically you taking hits from Flash and his parents, they were defending him as if he didn't do anything. You remained quiet, even if you did speak up, there wouldn't be anything else you could do.

Aunt May was concerned for you, but you weren't going to talk if she asks you, you had to come to her. Once the meeting was over, you walked out, leaving behind your aunt and Flash's family. You were suspended for a few days, but you didn't care, you were top of your classes.

May followed you, calling out your name. When the two of you were out of the office, you finally stopped and turned to May. "I'll see you at home."

"Are you not coming home with me?" You shook your head, avoiding her eyes.

"I have stuff here." You watched her as she walked closer to you, cupping your cheek.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you, I want you to know I love you no matter what." You nodded, hugging your aunt tightly before telling her to go.

You shook your head, walking off and to your locker. "I'm sorry for Flash." You turned, it was your longtime crush, Jenna Ortega. You merely shrugged, walking alongside her.

"It's whatever," You shoved your hands in your pocket. She was making you nervous despite still feeling pissed off. "Don't get why you're dating him."

"Well, there aren't any better options." She mumbled, quiet but not too quiet for you to hear. You raised an eyebrow looking at her.

"There are plenty of people that don't call others slurs at this school. I'm sure you can find someone great." You kept your gaze forward, knowing hers was on you.

She chuckled. "What? Like you?" Your heart fluttered. You glanced at her before shrugging.

"I mean, I'd say I'm pretty cool." You muttered, a slight grin on your face. "I don't call anyone slurs." She rolled her eyes nudging you with her shoulder. "I also wash my ass, so..." You trailed off, making the girl scoff and roll her eyes once more.

"I'm actually not dating him anymore." You raised an eyebrow, looking down at her.

"Seriously?" She nodded, smiling at you.

"After you smacked him. What he did wasn't okay." You bit away a smile, looking away from her.

_____

You were doing your patrol, since you couldn't go to school, the city would be watched a little extra, and you could spend more time coming up with ideas for you and your suit. You heard yelling coming from an alleyway not too far from your high school. It was raining, you saw from above that it was Flash and Jenna. You scoffed, you weren't too high up, but you jumped to a fire escape and looked down on them.

Just before he could raise his hand to hit her. "You know, hitting your ex isn't a good idea." You called out, they both looked up at you, covering their eyes because of the rain. "I don't think you want that on your record if you wanna be a professional athlete."

"It won't, cause you aren't gonna tell anyone!" He yelled at you, making you roll your eyes behind the mask. You jumped down, landing perfectly despite the rain.

"Yeah? What are you gonna do about it?" You may have to look up at him, but he was a coward. "You wanna try me?" Jenna recognized your voice, she knew it was you behind that mask. You would only tell if you listened hard enough.

He went to go fight you, his swings being failures. Once the two of you were over, he was passed out, but he managed to snag your mask off and throw it somewhere. You were really thankful that it was dark and he couldn't recognize you. You ran around, trying to find your mask. Once you did, you slipped it on while hanging from the fire escape.

You were behind Jenna, who was looking around. "Boo." You watched her jump, making you chuckle. She turned to you and relaxed. "You done with him?"

"I know it's you, y/n." She smiled, you looked around, pretending to be confused.

"Who? I don't know who that is." You lied as you looked around, you were terrible at it. She just giggled at you. You sighed in defeat, removing the mask, water dripped off your face. "Whatever, just don't tell anyone." She zipped her lips, making you laugh. You both fell into a comfortable silence, you were still staring at her.

"There's something I wanna try." She mumbled, out of no where. You furrowed your eyebrows, not seeing how she leaned in. She kissed you softly, it was a little weird because you were upside down, but it was nice. You had been waiting for this moment for so long, it was better than you had anticipated (despite the weirdness at first). She pulled away. "Can't you die from that?"

"I have the powers of a spider, Jenna, I think I'll be fine." She just giggled, kissing you once more, the rain making it more romantic.