33.

⚠️WARNING⚠️ VIOLENT AND GOREY DEPICTIONS!!!!

Hades' POV
The chains wrapped around my wrists are so tight they felt as if they were sinking into my skin. My eyes swelled to enough to limit my vision to slits, and the taste of blood ran over my tongue. My body hung from the ceiling by my bonded wrists, and my blood slowly dropped to the floor. My body hung just enough to where only the tips of my toes touched the floor, and my muscles tore as I stood still. Each second the pain from the stab wounds and being hung caused me to go in and out of consciousness. I thought going unconscious would numb the pain, but even in my half asleep state I could feel the agony coursing through my veins. He tortured me himself, and each time he struck me the weapon ripped bits and pieces of my skin. My lungs filled with explosive-like tension from trying to keep my screams in as the pain took over. I couldn't give him the satisfaction of getting to hear the sound of my suffering. The pain didn't numb, nor did it ever get more tolerable the longer he beat me. The last time he struck me, stung as bad as the first, it was like a string of searing hot needles slowly stabbing into my body. Time never sped, and the pain slowly inched me closer to death before I would get the sweet release of death. For half a second there was nothing, then an explosion of agony tore through me like a wildfire the second I came back to life.

Despite the white clouds around me, my vision is blurry and the room seems dim. My eyes translate everything in dull shades, and the swelling in my eyes blocks my vision to connect the details of the room around me.

Poseidon's screams boom through the white clouds, and I hear Zeus' pleas to stop him. The energy usually running through my blood was drained by the ropes restraining me, and my voice couldn't muster up enough strength to make a sound. He ripped every ounce of fight I had left, and I shame myself for calling myself the King of the Underworld.

As much as I hated to admit it, I was afraid. I was afraid of what Cronus could do to Persephone when he got a hold of her. He said he would leave her be, but I didn't trust him to stay away for long. Even if he stayed away my gut tells me she will eventually find her way up here. She was too stubborn to leave me here, and I had no idea when she would come. Even if there was a barrier holding her, she was persistent enough to keep trying. I wanted to see her, but I hoped for her sake she's stay far away for good.

The sound of swift footsteps catches my attention, and my muscles tighten as I prepare for more torture. It was for Persephone, everything I was going through was for her. She couldn't endure the torture, and I could never sit back and watch her suffer. My breath grew heavy from the anticipation on what torture method was to come next, and the cloth wrapped around my neck dampened as I tried to keep the nervous sweat controlled. My eyes meet the intruder, and my chest nearly collapses on itself from the familiar attire. Only one person wore the deep forest green and matched Persephone with dark hair and skin. I couldn't see her face, but she rushed toward me.

I guess she was here to torture me more. If she did and somehow I got out of this situation, I would never be able to let her near Persephone again. Persephone loved her mother, but I doubt she would forgive Demeter for this.

"You want...to torture me too?" I question through the sternest voice able to escape my vocal cords.

She lets out a scoff like a child, and she quickly reaches one hand to the chains above my head. As she stood closer, I notice the same eyes of Persephone's, and how her dress is slightly torn. Her eyes remain cold, but the green vines that stretch from her hand begin to tamper with the ties binding my wrist.

"I'm here to get you out so you can heal." She whispers just loud enough to remain unheard by the guards.

"You're not real," I say as I continue to hang on from the large ceiling. "Cronus is smart, but not smart enough to fool me."