28.

⚠️WARNING⚠️ SEXUAL SCENES/ DEPICTIONS!!!!

Persephone's POV

The sheets are cool as I wait patiently for Hades to emerge from the bathroom. I tossed and turned trying to get my hair to sit right, and make myself as pretty as I could be while laying down. I brush my fingers through my hair and use the window as a mirror to make sure everything was perfect. When the bathroom door pushes open, I quickly lay back down to seem normal. I pull the covers up and pretend to be playing with the loose threads of the blankets.

When my eyes catch him, I give him a nervous smile. He returns the smile and blows the dim light from the lantern. His body moves like a shadow in the dark as he quickly slides under the covers before letting out a huff.

"Is it warm in here, or is it just me?" He asks as he pushes the covers away from him.

"No, it's just you." I chuckle, "We can sleep with the thinnest blanket if you want."

He raises his brow, "What about you?"

I shake my head, "I'll be okay as long as I'm close to you."

There's the slightest spark of excitement in his eyes, and without a word, he shoves the thick blankets away. I slip the thin blanket over both of us, and I begin scooting closer until I can feel his warmth through his tunic. His arms wrap around the small of my waist, and I inch myself into the crevices of his body. His chest is like a fire, and the tips of his fingers lightly brush against my back. He fits me like a puzzle, but I can sense his discomfort.

"Are you still hot?" I ask, "We don't have to cuddle."

I feel his head move side to side, "No, you're skin feels good."

My heart flutters as my next thought swims through my mind. I didn't know how to say it, but I had to speak to cover the sound of my racing heart.

"Why don't you take your tunic off?" I ask, "I don't mind."

I feel his heart skip a beat, and the heat from his chest seems to rise. He's silent, and I wonder how I can save myself from embarrassment.

"Only if you want." I say quickly, "It's whatever you choose."

"Are you sure?" He asks in a low and raspy voice.

"I'm sure." I nod, "I want you to be comfortable."

He loosens his grip before pulling away to slide his tunic from his shoulders. He sits up and reaches both hands below the sheet before pulling up. His arms are crossed, and he slowly lifts the tunic before slipping the black cloth over his head. The darkness blinds me to see his chiseled chest, and I rip my eyes away from shame. Of course, I thought he was the most beautiful man I'd ever seen, but I didn't have to act like a pervert. He tosses the clothing aside and retreats under the covers with me. Before he grazes his touch over me he freezes.

"I have underwear, but do you want me to give you space?"

The rustle of his low voice sends sparks of fire through my skin, and my heart pounds harder. The darkness blankets his face, but just the sound of his voice sent a warm flush through me.

"I'm okay." I smile, "As in, you can touch me."

He slowly scoots closer, and I adjust myself to fit in his arms. His bare chest and arms feel even better than before. The sound of his steady heart pumps through his skin, and I nuzzle my head closer to his warm chest. It was like a slice of the heavens being so close, and the sensation of his light fingers brushing my back made me inch closer.

"Are you okay?" I ask quietly.

His arms slightly tighten, and his chin rests on my head.

"Yeah, are you?"