Going to the back, they followed Wrecker as he dropped the crate in front of Cid's desk as the Trandosian already began nabbing at them for taking forever as another voice cut in as everyone's gaze turned to the woman leaning back in Cid's chair, her feet resting on the desk.

Immediately she gave off the vibes of a pirate or mercenary, "And you are?" Genesis inquired as she tilted her head slightly at the woman.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" She stood up from the chair, her drink in hand as she rounded the desk, "So, this is the top team you've been talking about? The Rogue clones on the run from the Empire, huh? How juicy."

Hunter locked eyes with Cid, questioning if she told this pirate the real reason they were here. Cid insisted that the pirate, who's name was Phee, was the most trustworthy pirate the trandosian knew.

"Is that supposed to be comforting?" Echo questioned aloud as Phee's eyes scanned the squadron before asking if they were supposed to look alike.

"So much for quality control." She motioned to each of the clones, pointing out the most obvious differences about them, "This one's too big. This one's too small. This one's got a face tattoo."

"And yet that face tattoo attracted a Jedi's attention" Genesis remarked quietly, patting Hunter's armored shoulder.

"Are you sure you're even a clone?" Phee remarked as Genesis' head turned towards the pirate before flipping her off, not even answering her question as the latter's attention was directed onto Tech as she called him Brown Eyes, asking for a name.

To which Tech responded with, before going into the details about the eye color as Phee interrupted him, excusing herself as she finished her drink and dropped the glass into Cid's hands as she requested Wrecker to help her with the crate.

"And, Cid, that intel is not free. I expect a cut if your 'top team' comes through." The clones watched Phee and Wrecker leave before they turned back around to Cid. Asking what she was on about.

"Your next mission. You lot are heading to the Outer Rim." Cid pressed a few buttons, pulling up a hologram of a familiar castle, Tech immediately recognizing it as Castle Serenno, the former home of Count Dooku. Omega asked who Count Dooku was as Echo explained to her of him originally being a Jedi, but betrayed the Republic and led the Separatists in war.

"With him being dead, Dooku's entire war chest is up for grabs. The Empire has already started pillaging his palace, but there is still time to strike before it's all gone." Cid told them as Genesis and Hunter locked eyes, knowing exactly what the other was thinking without words being said between the two.

Hunter however, was thinking of a few more worries than Genesis, mostly concerning her after Kamino and her last encounter with the Empire after basically being left for dead by them while the city was falling.

Turning back to the visual of the Castle, the former listen to Hunter telling Cid they weren't taking the job before leaving the office, the others following as Genesis stayed behind.

"What 'bout you?" Genesis raised an eyebrow at the question before leaning forward and placing her hands on the table.

"He's right. If we had known about this sooner, maybe before the Empire started raiding it, we might've taken it." The clone confesses to the Trandosian as the latter sighs rather loudly.

"Well try and convince dark and broody to take it." Before Genesis could have a say, Cid was already roughly pushing her out into the hallway as the door wooshed shut in front of the clone as the slight wind from the door quickly shutting flowed Genesis's hair in her face, a frown forming on her face as she blew it aside before going out to join the others.

𝐑𝐮𝐢𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐲  ✰ The Bad Batch ✰जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें