The two of you talk about school as he drives you to the local diner. The closer you get, the more nervous you get. You wonder if he's going to kiss you. And if he does, what will it be like? As amazing as you've always imagined?

Finally, you two get to the diner, and soon, you're so deep in conversation you don't even realize when the waitress brings you your food.

"And then I tripped in front of everyone!" you say, hiding your face in your hands out of embarrassment.

"I swear, I don't remember that!" c/n says back, laughing so hard he's holding his stomach.

The conversation flows so naturally between you two that you don't even remember why you were so nervous. After dessert, the two of your step outside of the diner, right into a downpour.

"Ah, crap! My makeup!" you exclaim. "I probably look like a clown!"

"No, you look great!" c/n reassures you.

"Thank God for b/f/n and her magical waterproof stuff," you say, smiling.

"I'm really sorry, y/n. I should have brought an umbrella," he says, sounding upset with himself.

"It's okay," you say. "I love the rain!" You throw your arms out wide and do a little spin to convince him.

"You're amazing," he says. He takes a step closer to you, then tilts your chin up slowly. "Is it okay if I kiss you?"

You nod, lost in his beautiful c/e/c eyes. His lips come down to meet your own, and soon, you two are so lost in your guys' kiss that you don't even feel the rain anymore. Too soon, he pulls apart and wraps an arm around your shoulder.

"I should get you home before your dad kills me," he says.

You snort, then cover your mouth in embarrassment. But he's laughing. "That was adorable," he says. Then he goes, "My little piglet."

You smack his shoulder. "Shut up."

The two of you start to cross the street to go back to c/n's car. You're a couple steps ahead of him, and don't notice the car barreling towards you. At the last second, when you finally see its headlights sluicing through the rain, your mouth opens in a silent scream. You feel a hand on your shoulder, and suddenly you're thrown backwards, out of the path of the car. The first thing you feel is relief, the second, horror. C/n is sprawled on the asphalt, blood pouring from his nose. You race to his side, collapsing to the ground beside him.

"C/n!" you scream. You place your hands on either side of his face. "C/n, answer me!"

He groans. His eyes are slightly open; you can see that one of his pupils is far more dilated than the other one. One of his hands comes and wraps around your wrist.

A crowd of people is gathering around you two. Someone is on the phone with the cops. But all of this is lost on you; all you can see is c/n, dying below you.

You start to cry. "Don't cry, princess. Please," c/n manages to get out. He squeezes your wrist tighter. "Are you okay?"

Despite everything, you bark out a laugh. "Am I okay? You're the one that got hit by a car!"

He gives you a weak smile. "It was worth it. You're safe. That's all I want." His eyes begin to droop closed, and you sob louder. 

"Please stay with me, c/n. Please," you whimper as his eyes fully close. "I need you."

The last thing he says before he goes unconscious is, "I had a really nice time with you, y/n. Never forget me."

Then he's out. An ambulance comes a few minutes later. It loads c/n into the back and allows you to ride in the front all the way to the hospital. Once you're there, and c/n is whisked away, you call your parents, who call c/n's parents. Soon, all four of them are at the hospital, waiting with you.

"He saved my life," you tell them, tears streaming down your cheeks.

His mother sobs, "He's always been that kind of person."

Eventually, a doctor comes over to you guys. The look on his face is grave. "I am tremendously sorry," he says, "but c/n did not make it."

The words shatter your heart. Suddenly, you can't hear anything going on around you, and everything becomes a blur. You whirl around and race out of the hospital, not hearing your parents calling after you.

He's dead, you think to yourself as you run. And it's all my fault. He's...

He's my hero.

I warned you this would be sad! Thanks for reading!