accident 🌸

y/n: your name

l/n: your last name

c/n: crush's name

c/l/n: crush's last name

h/c: your hair color

e/c: your eye color

s/c: your skin color

c/h/c: crush's hair color

c/e/c: crush's eye color

c/s/c: crush's skin color

b/f/n: best friend's name

b/f/l/n: best friend's last name

In this imagine, you and c/n know each other, but are enemies. However, opinions change after something major happens...enjoy!

"The only way you're getting an 'A' on this test is if you get possessed by a ghost genius," c/n says, smirking at you.

"And the only way you're getting an 'A' on this test is if that ghost genius calls in backup," you shoot back. Your narrowed e/c eyes meet his. God, this man could rile you up so fast, but every time you looked in his c/e/c eyes, you could feel your defenses melting.

His smirk widens. "Wow, y/n, good one. Did the ghost tell you to say that?"

Your eyes narrow further. You two are in homeroom, arguing over who will get a better score on the AP Biology test later. All throughout your years at Grovewood High, you and c/n have been locked in a constant battle over your academic ranking. Both of you are so close to the best, and the only thing stopping both of you from achieving the best ranking is each other.

"Shut up," you snap. Your cheeks feel hot. You resist the urge to reach over and toss c/n's notebook across the room.

The bell rings, signaling the end of homeroom, and you both get up to walk to your next class, AP Psychology. Somehow, you had ended up sharing almost all of your classes with him.

In the hallway, he spots some of his friends, striding over and clasping hands with them. You roll your eyes and continue on your way, finally gaining some peace as you leave him behind. Possessed ghost, you internally grumble. Whatever.

Then, someone shoulders past you, causing you to drop all of your books. "Hey!" you call to his back. "Watch where you're going!"

C/n looks behind him, spotting you and your fallen books, and smiles. "Whoops," he says, smile widening as he leaves you, gaping, behind.

"I'm going to kill him," you mutter under your breath.

"You're going to kill who?" someone asks behind you. You turn to spot Sawyer, someone you vaguely recognize from your AP Psychology class.

"C/n c/l/n," you answer, embarrassed.

"That's very valid," he answers. He helps you collect all of your books. You take this opportunity to study his face more closely; he has a Grecian nose and freckles scattered across his cheeks. He's cute, you admit to yourself. An image of c/n flashes through your mind, and you stifle a sigh. Maybe getting to know Sawyer would erase all thoughts of c/n c/l/n from your mind.

You and Sawyer walk to class together, making it just before the bell rings. You walk past your usual seat next to c/n and sit with Sawyer at the front of the class, ignoring c/n's gaze on your back.

The teacher, Mr. Denney, starts lecturing. You and Sawyer steal glances at each other the entire time, rolling your eyes every time Mr. Denney tells one of his lame dad jokes, stifling laughs behind your hands every time he stumbles over his own feet walking the length of the classroom.