[22] The Oasis & The Desert (1)

Start from the beginning

Soon, the manager returned to the other side of the Den Den Mushi and said. "Sir, forgot to tell you, he is but a kid, seems to be around 16 or 17, and he says his name is Hashirama Sen—"

By the time the manager reached the name part, Sir Crocodile had already turned around and ran out of the door he came through. His eyes were bloodshot as he stood under the moonlight outside the building, clenching his teeth around his cigar.

"Listen, you bastards," Sir Crocodile growled like a beast. "Kill him. At any cost."

* * *

He wore a red suit with a red shirt under it; a shirt that nobody would be able to tell was white in color in the morning.

With a gorgeous lady by his side, her arm interlocked on his elbow, Hashirama was walking with a straight face with a briefcase in his hand.

Behind him was the casino, the biggest one in this country, that was now in ruins thanks to the tree branches, vines, and roots that came out of its doors, windows, and very recent cracks in the wall.

It was nighttime, yet countless people were gathered on the street. All eyes were initially locked on the building before focusing on the figure of Hashirama and his girl of tonight, staring incredulously at this couple who calmly walked out of the ruined hazard behind them.

Watching the female take out a thick cigar and light up on her lips, wearing too much of an indifferent expression, that soon turned into annoyance when the boy took the cigar from her mouth and started smoking it—the people realized that these may not be the sanest in the area.

Some even theorized the briefcase in the man's hand that was for sure filled with money was the result of these two raiding the cashier while this strange phenomenon struck inside the casino.

None, however, could even guess that these two were the reason behind all this, to begin with. As a result, the boy's white shirt had become bloody red.

* * *

"You're the best, seriously." Now that was a big change in tone and words that he heard from this mercenary woman.

Currently, Hashirama and Mikita were in a grand restaurant that was still functioning, even though the rest of the city was in a state of confused chaos.

With many sensational foods served before her, Mikita had a delighted smile on her face as she put juicy eggs inside her mouth.

Mikita wasn't wearing her disguise anymore. Instead, it was Hashirama's turn to disguise. They had to switch like this, otherwise, they would have been captured by the local authorities who were searching for them with all their manpower.

"9 million bellies...!" Mikita gulped her food as she exclaimed in a low voice. "Can you imagine what that much money can do? We are rich, seriously!"

"Shh," Hashirama picked up a piece of juicy steak with a spoon and led it to her mouth, gently pushing it to her as she opened her mouth like a good girl. "There aren't many people around, but better be careful still. Just tonight, okay? You can brag all you want tomorrow when I expose that guy."

Mikita nodded slowly, gulping the food, as she gave him a smile, with juice trailing down one side of her lip.

"As you say, boss. Hehe, I can't wait, seriously~" Mikita giggled, while Hashirama went back to a stance, creating the image of a battle to prepare his mind.

'No, it shouldn't be a problem with Mikita around.'

* * *

Like all the cities in Alabasta, Rain Base as well had a forest around it that was formed in a triangle. That, from far, went perfectly well with the casino inside the city, which was shaped like a pyramid, creating a satisfying scene to behold.