Chapter 31 - Is it love?

Liam's POV

"Uncle, why were you screaming? Did you fall down like Lukie?" Amber asked innocently and traveled her gaze from me to my nervous girlfriend and vice versa.

"Yes, princess, but Aurora helped me. So I didn't hurt myself." I lied to her as I bent down in front of him. "But don't tell anyone that you saw us here. Okay?" I added softly and gave her a warm smile.

"Hmm... Will you buy me a Barbie doll and unicorn?" She asked as her eyes shone in excitement.

Like father, like daughter.

"Of course, princess." I nodded and breathed deeply in relief.

"Fine, I won't tell anyone."

"Good girl!" I beamed at her. Then I turned around and told Aurora. "I am fine. You can go and check Luke."

"Oh... Yes..." She mumbled nervously and went towards the guest room.

"Princess, go downstairs. I will come later." I informed Amber.

"Fine, but don't forget to buy me a doll and unicorn." She reminded firmly.

"Of course, princess."

"Amber? Where did you hear screams?" My mother asked worriedly as she walked upstairs in quick steps and approached her granddaughter.

"In the bathroom." Amber replied and pointed to the bathroom.

Amber!

She totally took after her father!

"Who was it?" My mother asked Amber softly, caressing her silky hair, and gave me a suspicious look.

I gave my mother a nervous smile and murmured under my breath, running my hand through my hair. "Please don't do it, princess."

"No, I won't tell you. I promised my uncle." She shook her head, pointing to me. "He will buy me a doll and unicorn." She added, determined.

Damn it!

What did you do, Amber?

My mother gave me a stern look before giving Amber a warm smile. "But Grandma can buy them for you as well."

"Princess..." I intervened as I turned Amber towards me. "Won't you go to eat a cake?"

"But Mom doesn't let me eat the cake more than one slice." She pouted.

"Then ask your father." I winked at her. "Nothing would happen if you eat another slice of cake today." She nodded, excited and rushed downstairs.

My mother folded her arms over her chest, looking at me with an intimidating look on her face.

Well... Come on, Liam... Nothing is lost yet. At least, don't let her get suspicious about you and Aurora.

"Who was with you there? Don't tell me you have an affair with a maid again." She gave me a warning look.

"No, Mom." I forced a smile. "Amber is just a kid. She misunderstood. I was watching a movie." I lied.

"In the bathroom?" She asked, unconvinced as she raised her eyebrow.

"You know... not a normal movie..." I mumbled, rubbing the back of my neck.

"Liam, don't lie to me!" She warned me and sighed, shaking her head. "I know very well that you prefer doing it than watching it." My mother added, giving me a knowing look.

I heaved a loud sigh. "Ok... I was talking...on the phone. You know... fantasies..." I lied and gave her an impish grin.

She raised her eyebrow, looking at me suspiciously, and shook her head. "Next time be careful when there are children around."