1.

So the way its finna go is ima start wit what happened on July 9th then jump back into the present time in the book.

Ethan Reyes
July 9th, 2022
☆☆☆☆☆

"Safety brotha." I responded to dd giving him a hug before walking off.

I didn't have my gun on me, I was on the way to Imene's house. This was the only chance I'd have of sneaking into her mom's house since it'd be crowded with hella people.

I know it's dangerous, I gotta pass hella opp blocks but niggas don't be on shit most of the time.

I got a FaceTime call from imene making me answer it right away.

"Hey my heart." I answered and she looked at the screen with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Where are you at?"

"On the way to the train station on 137th. I'm coming to your party." I said and she shook her head.

"Ethan turn yo ass around. You don't wanna be here anyways there's barely people here." She said and I shrugged.

"I don't care. I'll be there soon, I love you." I said and she sighed.

"I love you too, stay safe." She said and I nodded before hanging up.

As soon as I put my phone in my pocket I got another call making me take it out and see it was ddot FaceTiming me.

"Yo where yall at?" He said once it connected.

"Dd on the block. I'm at the train station on 137th." I said flipping the screen so he could see i was waiting for a train.

"Whatchu doing over there?" He asked me.

"My bestfriend having a party over there on 10th and main. So I'm on the way to her house." I said and his face went blank.

"Ethan stay where you at ima come with you. Nigga you gotta pass se-

"I know I do. And I'm good. Nothing gone ha-

"Wassup pussy?" I heard making me turn and see this 41 nigga named Devon looking at me.

"Fuck you want?" I asked keeping my mug.

"What's allat hot shit you was talking on the gang?" He said and I took off my coat and set my phone under it.

"What's the word? Coming up here like you tryna press sum nigga." I said and he walked up making me punch him.

I was beating his ass and seen he had a knife. Ian notice it til he stabbed the right side of my stomach. I took it out and stabbed his stomach and arm before dropping.

"Yo ddot. Fuck get over here man." I said weakly grabbing my coat and phone.

"I'm on the way. I'm on the way just wait 3 minutes." He said and i nodded.

"You okay young man! It's okay, it's okay. Police and the ambulance is on the way." Some people were rushing to me.

"Pray son. Let me here you pray" This lady said grabbing my hand. I opened my eyes looking at her seeing she was this elder white woman with brown eyes.

"Lord, I'm coming to you today to ask you to please keep me alive. I'm sorry for all my sins, and I'm sorry for all the people I've hurt. Lord I'm not ready to die, I got too much to live for. Too many people t-to live for." I started praying out loud and everyone go quiet with their eyes closed.

"I can't leave my family, and I can't leave my friends. I don't know what they'll do with me gone. God I'm sorry for all the wrong I've done in my life. I've made horrible mistakes, and if I make it. If i make it I'm gonna start going to church, I'm gonna start turning my life around." I said before I stopped feeling less air in my body.

"Come on young man." Somebody whispered.

"Lord don't let this kid leave the earth today, it's not his time. Not this soon God. We all are coming to you today to make sure these young men don't leave. Amen." The lady finished for me.

"Get away from my brother." I heard David's voice. I felt everyone else move but the lady kept her hand on mine.

"Ambulances are on the way." Somebody said.

"They not gone come, not for another 10 minutes. Yall should know that." Ddot said and I felt the two of them lift me up.

"Come on E, you got this man." David kept saying.

"Man i love yall niggas with all my heart. Tell mommy I love her too, just in case I can't." I said and ddot scoffed.

"You will." He said and I felt them put me in a car.

"Tell my bestfriend Imene and Milani I love them, tell my brothers i love them. Tell the whole world i love them at this point." I kept ranting.

"Yo E just stop talking and focus on your breathing." Ddot said.

I could feel and hear the car speeding.

"We almost there, just stay alive for one more minute at least. I love you baby bro." My brother said and i smiled.

How can he tell me to stay alive for one more minute.

"Help! I need some help!" I heard my brother yell and then I felt the door opened and people rushed me out the car. I kept my eyes closed because it felt better on my body.

"What happened?" Somebody asked.

"I don't know, I just got a call saying he was at the train station." My brother said and I felt things getting attached to me when I got to a room.

Once I felt a needle poke into me I sighed knowing ima be alright now.

Lord ima go to sleep now, don't kill me yet.