Chapter 12 - The City of Love

Start from the beginning

I was looking through the window, enjoying the beautiful combination of Victorian architecture, Art Nouveau and Modern buildings while Liam was driving the car. At nights the city was more beautiful; the city lights created magical ambiance.

As soon as Liam parked his car, he got out of the car and approached my side. He opened the door for me and held out his hand. I rested my hand on his hand and got out of the car.

"It would be a shame if you come to Paris, but don't see the Eiffel Tower." He winked at me and dragged me towards the Eiffel Tower, holding my hand firmly.

I was staring at the famous tower in awe while it was sparkling gently, lightening the darkness of the night, leaving you awestruck with its almost surreal spectacle. Meanwhile, Liam was telling the attendant something in fluent French.

After finishing talking to the attendant, Liam grabbed my hand and led me inside. We took the lift up to the top.

At the top of the Eiffel Tower, the view was fabulous. Liam approached me, holding two flutes of champagne and extended one of them to me. I thanked him as I took the glass and took a sip from it while enjoying the City of Lights.

I was listening to Liam while he was giving me information about Paris, his favorite places here and so on.

"It seems you like this place so much." I commented softly.

"Yes, it is one of my favorite cities." He confirmed, nodding. "But this time, Paris is more beautiful." He added huskily and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, closing the distance between us. I bit my lower lip nervously while my heart was pounding in my chest.

"Liam..." I mumbled as he cupped my cheek and leaned his forehead against mine.

"You drive me crazy, sugar." He confessed hoarsely and brushed his lips against my lips, wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to himself. I rested my hand on his chest as I responded to his soft kiss under the spell of the City of Love, feeling like I was in a movie.

Liam gave me a bright smile as he pulled back and caressed my cheek tenderly, looking me in the eyes. I bit my lower lip shyly and averted my gaze, taking a few sips from my champagne.

After leaving the tower, we took a stroll at Champs de Mars. Liam promised to take me to the Louvre if we had free time.

Once we reached my suite, I turned towards him and said softly, giving him a grateful smile. "Thank you for tonight. It was magical."

"All pleasure is mine, sugar." He winked at me and gave me a charming smile.

"Sweet dreams." I gave him a shy smile.

When he leaned to kiss me, I pulled back. Liam gave me an amused smirk. "Sweet dream, sugar. See me in your dreams." He winked at me and walked towards his suite in slow steps. Then he turned towards me and gave me a boyish smile. I grinned, shaking my head, and walked into my suite, feeling happy.

***

After taking care of our special guests, I went to the backstage to help Serena.

"Where is Liam?" Serena asked me while adjusting the model's dress.

"He was talking on the phone in the hallway." I informed her.

"Serena, how are you?" One of the models asked her happily as she approached us.

"Muriel! Nice to see you." Serena greeted her with a hug. "Stressed."

"Don't worry. Everything looks perfect." She gave her a reassuring smile.

"Thank you. Let me introduce you to Aurora, my assistant. And Aurora, this is Muriel."

"Nice to meet you." She gave me a warm smile.

"Nice to meet you too."

"Where is my favorite boy?" Muriel asked Serena mischievously.

"Liam is talking on the phone. He will be here soon." Muriel nodded and went towards the makeup artist.

"I understand now why Liam disappeared." Serena commented and shook her head. I gave her a questioning look. "Muriel is his ex. When he heard that she will be one of the models, he freaked out and told me that she kept pursuing him to get back together." She informed me.

"Oh..." I mumbled and looked at Muriel. She was so beautiful with her long black hair and green eyes.

***

I was sipping my Cosmopolitan while watching Liam and Muriel talking and laughing. We were celebrating the show at the after party at one of the famous nightclubs in Paris.

I gritted my teeth angrily as I remembered what Muriel told her model friend about Liam.

Tonight Liam will be mine again.

I finished my drink in a sip and ordered another one while looking at Muriel furiously. However, it seemed Liam didn't mind her attention. He was enjoying himself so much.

Bastard!