Chapter 3 - Boss' son

Comenzar desde el principio

"Thank you for your invitation, but I can't join you. I am sorry. I have some work to do." I gave Serena an apologetic look, ignoring Liam. "If you don't want me to do anything else, I will leave you alone."

"No, you may leave." She gave me a friendly smile. I nodded and left her office, clenching my fist as Liam winked at me playfully while Serena's attention was focused on me.

Liam's POV

I was sipping my gin and tonic at the night club, Stardust, while thinking about Aurora and smiled, amused. This woman was something else. There was something strange in her which attracted me.

"What are you thinking about?" Kayden asked curiously, interrupting my thoughts. "Let me guess a woman with slender legs." He teased me.

I smirked. "She is more than this." I commented honestly and took a sip from my drink.

"Hmm... Who is this lucky girl?" Kayden asked, intrigued.

"My mom's assistant, Aurora." I grinned sheepishly.

"Did you two get laid?" He smirked, giving me a knowing look.

"No." I shook my head.

"Do it, then your interest will pass as always." He commented nonchalantly and shrugged her shoulder.

I frowned. "Why do you think like this?"

"Because you always act like this... Oh, excluding that girl from the Halloween party. You had been going to Stardust every night to find her for almost a year." He commented and winked at me.

I heaved a loud sigh. "Think what you want."

"Maybe this assistant will help you to forget that girl." Kayden commented and took a sip from his drink.

"I forgot her." I mumbled, swirling my glass absently.

"Or you gave up because you couldn't find her." Kayden stated, giving me a knowing look.

I heaved a loud sigh. "Smartass!" I rolled my eyes.

He chuckled. "Dude, get her into your bed, and this attraction will end." Kayden said arrogantly and winked at me. "But till it, you can get yourself busy with these chicks." He added mischievously and waved his hand at the two girls staring at us. I shook my head and smirked. "Let's have fun, dude." He added and smirked wickedly before the girls joined us.

I frowned, rubbing my forehead while my phone was ringing. Who was it know calling me early morning?

When I opened my eyes, I saw the girl from the nightclub sleeping beside me, resting her hand on my chest. I pulled her arm away carefully and leaned towards the bedside table to grab my phone.

"Yes?" I picked up the phone and grimaced in pain. My head was pounding.

"Where are you?" I immediately opened my eyes wide as I heard my father's angry voice. I looked at my watch in panic.

Darn it! The board meeting!

"Dad, I am on a way." I replied anxiously and got up quickly.

"You forgot, didn't you?" He sighed, annoyed.

"No, I just..."

"Baby, who is it?" I cursed with my inner voice as the girl woke up and asked me sleepily.

"You have a fifteen minute to get yourself here." My father demanded angrily and hung up without letting me say anything.

"Shit!" I cursed, running my hand through my hair.

"What happened?" The girl asked curiously as she sat up on the bed, holding the cover against her chest.

"Umm... You..."

Darn it! What is her name?

"I have to go, pretty." I informed her and rushed towards the walk-in closet.

After putting on my clothes quickly, I brushed my hair in a hurry and put on my favorite fragrance, hoping it would hide the smell of alcohol and the thing I did last night.

"How about dinner this evening?" The girl asked as we left my penthouse.

"Of course, I will call you." I lied and approached my car.

"But you don't know my num..."

As soon as I got in my car quickly, I started the engine and drove away without letting her finish her sentence.

"I am sorry I am late." I said apologetically as soon as I walked into the conference room and sat down beside Troy quickly.

My father gave me a death glare and continued talking.

"No time for a shower? I can still smell a feminine perfume mixed with yours on you." Troy whispered in my ear mischievously as he leaned towards me.

"No." I admitted honestly and gave him an impish grin.

"I hope it is worth for the lecture which waits for you." He resumed, amused and pointed to my father with a head gesture. I heaved a loud sigh and focused on what my father was talking about before he shot daggers at me.

I exhaled loudly as I finally left the conference room. My father asked me to wait after the meeting ended, and lectured me almost an hour.

"You made him angry so much this time." Troy commented, amused, resting his hand on my shoulder.

"I just fell asleep. I didn't do it purposely." I pouted and ran my hand through my hair in annoyance.

"Maybe you shouldn't have to drink so much last night and bring some chick home." Troy commented nonchalantly and gave me a knowing look.

"I forgot that the meeting was today." I mumbled uneasily and rubbed the back of my neck.