VII. HIDE AND SEEK

Start from the beginning

"Wouldn't it be better to talk it out?"

'There is no way he is real.' Her mind screams.

"Do you know BTS?" She croaks even before she could ever think. It's nonsense. There is no way. After all, she is miles away from Seoul. It would be bullshit if one of the reason that's she's running from is in front of her.

• • • ○ ○ ○ ♡ ○ ○ ○ • • •

The leather sofa at the corner of the bar allows him to watch the people as they come and go. The clicking of the glass is a music to his ears coupled with the hum of jazz playing at the back ground.

The place is rather empty in comparison to the past nights before. He didn't actually appreciate the place much as he had been busily hiding behind his face mask while he was wallowing over the recent events.

He should have been in Japan or Jeju island, but the paparazzi were so quick to find and follow him along. How could he find happiness with the rudeness with those who clamor to sell his privacy?

Now here he is... enjoying the company of passing strangers. There is something in Berlin. People may stare but nothing more. They don't know who he is... not with his masks of course. He continues with his people watching, observing how people behave, keeping himself preoccupied to stall those wallowing thoughts inside his head.

Later, as he becomes bored, he would just call this a night and go up to his hotel room which is just at the twentieth floor of the same building.

He sighs. Then his glance lands on her. Their is authority as she walks inside the bar and orders a drink. She intrigues him. His eyes can't help but stare. He can only be thankful that he is right at the corner that allows him to just fully absorb her presence.

She's hauntingly gorgeous. He doesn't know if she's Korean, but he knows she's Asian. That's the thing that keeps his eyes on her. He wonders why she is here. She doesn't look like an ordinary immigrant. Not with those luxury clothes. He knows those brands well. Is she hiding from something just like him? Or is she simply a citizen in Berlin? Perhaps a tourist? He likes to entertain the first assumption. After all, he would like to think that he is not alone with his dilemma.

"She looks sad." He mumbles to himself.

The authority that he mistook seems a wall from the outside world. It explains how not one man dares to sit by her side and stays for too long. She screams "Don't come near me!" but on mute. However, with his honed observation skill, she somehow longs for a conversation. Something worthwhile. Something like he craves for right now. And so, he approaches her, hoping he could crumble a little of her wall.

"Excuse me." He frowns with his stupidity. His poetic tendencies ultimately shuts off with the nervousness he feels. 'Ah. That's why those men didn't last.' He realizes then thinks of a new start.

"Sadness can be devouring." That's what he entailed to say. "Wouldn't it be better to talk it out?" A small smile starts to curve on his lips.

He watches her glossy starlit eyes glitter and widen, as if she knows him. There is no way, right?

"Do you know BTS?"

Namjoon's brow slightly twinge of the question. It makes him chuckle with nerves.

"Who doesn't?" Instead of denying, he decides to play.

"Haven't anyone told you that you look like RM. You know, their leader?" He sees her little grimace. Perhaps she is not that familiar with his team. Perhaps a tactic to ask an Asian dude like him. That's what he heard from his sister. She often asks the same question to ward off creepy men.