Chapter 6

Huge shoutout to @NixieEver for co-writing this chapter this me. 

It was the next day and lectures had now officially begun.Wangji had wasted absolutely no time the night before, going back and forth through his mirror, either settling issues in Jiangnan or bringing some work back to Gusu.

As a result, he barely slept at all, and was currently running on empty, which wasn't a good thing for two reasons.

One, he needed his precious beauty sleep. Two, the less energy one has, the harder it is to use concealment magic.

There had been occasions where he couldn't use his magic due to lack of energy, but on days like that he usually just holed himself up in his room under the guise of 'meditation'.

He was just sleeping.

However, there was no way that he could do this today. Right now, he had one mission.

Stay as far away from Wei Wuxian as possible!

Listening to others conversations was forbidden in Cloud Recess, but Lan WangJi was too tired to care as his listened to the others talk.

"The Wen clan actually sent someone for lectures." A disciple said, walking through the halls of Cloud Recesses.
"They even made their second young master come along as an escort. That's rare."

WangJi began to think about what the Wens being in Gusu might mean for his future plans and wondered the paths with no destination planned.
'I need to see how Uncle plans to deal with the Wens. I just hope my suspicions are wrong.'

"Wow, Wei-xiong, you are so great." Huaisang said walking beside Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng.

"You dared to face Wen Chao. Except you, there is no one else who dares."

"Why should we be afraid of him." Wuxian laughed, walking along. "Resisting such evil guys is an endless joy for me."

"Wei-xiong, I wish I had courage like yours."

"His courage isn't something other people can compare to." Jiang Cheng scoffed while crossing his arms in displeasure.

"Let me tell you, before improving your courage, you should learn how to play around first. " He smirked with a look that could only spell trouble for anyone around him.

"Play?"

"Yep. How about we play all around Cloud Recesses?" Gesturing with his finger, he whispered in Huaisang's ear.
"There's a stream in back hills. We could catch some fish. "

"Wei-xiong, are you serious?"

"Of course."

"Oi, Wei Wuxian, don't mislead him. Tomorrow are the official lectures. Don't forget, you still have two hundred and sixty scriptures to transcribe." Jiang Cheng huffed.

"There it is again, can you stop mentioning that?" he said, before walking off.

"But, Nie-Xiong, let me tell you this... Oh, it's Ji-Xiong! Hey, Ji-Xiong!"
Looking ahead on their left, was Lan Wangji with his usual dead expression... except for the fact that he was having a full meltdown on the inside.

'Did I do something wrong in a past life? Did i commit some heinous crime and that's why I'm being punished?'

Looking at Huaisang and then Wuxian, there was a hint of panic in his eyes before he walked away.

'Does he have some sort of tracking talisman or something?! Why is he everywhere I look?!'

" He must not have heard me. He must have bad hearing." Wuxian brushed off.