Chapter 2

As Lan Wang- no, as Fuyu ShangYe walked down the bustling streets of Jiangnan he received many looks.

Most of them were blushing looks of admiration from young ladies, and a couple of young masters, others were friendly nods from people he did business with in the past.

Some were envious scowls from other people who were also in the textile industry. But either way, he liked the attention.

Confidently strolling down the street, he breathed in the many smells of the busy marketplace.

The food vendors selling steamed buns and candied hawthorns, along with the smell of clothing dye and wrought iron. That was the great thing about Jiangnan.

Nobody knew who he was, or anything about the cultivation world.
It was a freedom he heavily enjoyed.

Reaching his destination, he came to Huanyi Brothel.

Walking inside he was greeted by a swarm of coquettish young ladies with exposed chests and heavy rouge.

"Aiya, Young Master Fuyu~" A slightly older woman dressed in creme yellow said, going towards him.

"Madam Sui, long time no see," He said, with that charming voice that just made everyone around him melt like a Mars bar in a Texas heatwave.

"If if have known you were coming I would have prepared tea." She said, fanning herself.

"There's no need, I had some on the way here."

"Aiya, don't be like that. After all, you're our best customer~" She swooned, shooing the other girls off his arms with her fan in an almost territorial manner. 

"JiHua is in the lotus room if you were wondering.."

"Many thanks." He said, making his way off towards said location.

Gliding through the hallways, he reached the room.

Opening the lotus-encrusted doors, he sat down at the table.

"Ey, Han Jihua! I've got gossip~"

Quickly running from behind a curtain and sitting down was a man in flowing blue robes with his hair in a long braid sat down next to him.

He moved with an elegant feminine air about him, but also seems like someone who could command respect given the right outfit

He spoke in a soothing low voice that could be considered almost androgynous, with a husky tone to it.

He wasn't short either, he looked as though he was just as tall as Wangji if not a little bit taller.

"So what's the tea now?" He said, crossing his legs in interest whilst pouring himself and Wangji a drink.

"Yi MeiHua is-"

"Missing and presumed dead?" He snorted, examining his perfect manicure before twisting a strand of his hair.