🌻-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-🌻Chapter 14

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry--" , when you heard him say that, your moist eyes looked up at him in awe, you couldn't believe the mighty, formidable, and arrogant CEO could stoop so low and apologize to a mere and low worker's class girl. A nobody. You narrowed your eyes as you watched him painfully gulp.

Raising your eyebrows as you look at him cooly, with piercing eyes, "Sorry...you sorry? For what, exactly? Turning me into a pauper or accusing me of such a heinous act of underhanded dealings, sabotaging business to the point of bankruptcy- Just...just save it. Mr. Jung, please. Please do me a favor and leave me alone." When your unshed tears betrayed you and lone streams began to flow unapologetic from your eyes, you pursed your lips and looked away from him.

Then your piercing gaze shifts to his strong grip on your wrist. You attempt to wiggle your wrist free from his firm grip, but he holds you in place. Why can't he just leave you alone?

"Noèmie...please forgive me. Could you please give me a moment to properly apologize? Please do not run away from me...please." His tone was tender.

You inhaled deeply and nodded, your eyes narrowed. Tears are still streaming down your cheeks. He reluctantly let go of your wrist, fearful that you would use this opportunity to flee his presence. You looked up at him as he wiped his hand across his face and hair.

"Make it quick, please." You stood tall, placing your laptop bag on the nearest table.

"I'm sorry that I suspected you of doing such a vile thing, I apologize for hurting you emotionally and financially, and...and I want to make amends." he looked hopeful in your perplexed expression. You snort. Nothing, not even an apology, can make up for your loss. What is he taking you for?

You inhaled deeply and looked him in the eyes "Are you done now? --Apology not accepted

You inhaled deeply and looked him in the eyes "Are you done now? --Apology not accepted." You turn and grab your laptop again, aiming for the door, but his arm shoots out to prevent you from leaving.

"W..what! Noèmie hold on! "Still blocking you from leaving. He took out his phone from his suit jacket, quickly pressed some digits, and you heard a notification on your phone in less than a few seconds. You look at him, puzzled, as he quietly gestures to the phone in your hand. You furrowed your brows as you opened your phone, your eyes darting with visible shock to your phone and back to him with wide, disbelieving eyes.

"W...what?" your jaws almost hit the floor in shock.

"...I'm transferring all your money back ...with interest," he shrugs and smiles at your stunned expression, which was cold a moment ago but is now laced with shock.

"Oh, mon Dieu...oh my goodness! w...what interest?" You wanted to ball your eyes out once more. Is he for real?

Mr. Jung returned his phone to his pocket and approached you, looking down at your still disbelieving expression.

"Interest is for all the pain I've caused you-I'm going to add 20 million won to the 90 million won I took from you out of spite. Noèmie... I'm sorry." He looks down at you as you stare at your phone, still amazed at the "real" numbers that have been reflected back into your account. Tears stream down your cheeks as you pressed your lips together, trying not to sob too loudly. You've become wealthy once more.