Chapter 7: See You Tomorrow

Despite the fact that we had been holding hands for who-knows-how-long now, the realization of the situation had only finally began to set in; along with all of the nerves.

"A-ah," I said clearing my throat, "we're here."

"Oh, that was fast. I didn't realize how much time had passed," Kageyama lightly chuckled.

Still softly gripping my hand, he looked out into the evening sky and took a sigh of great contentment.

It was strange to see how extremely nonchalant he was about the whole scenario. Normally, I'd be the one giggling at his easily flustered self and letting him know everything was all right, but now the tables had completely turned!

What should I do?! I was fine a few minutes ago! Why do I feel so awkward now? Am I overreacting? Did he even realize we were holding hands? Would it be weird if I said anything?

I knew I had to calm down and finally break the silence.

"...Kageyama?"

"Hmm?" Turning his head back towards me, he answered as if I had pulled him out of a deep train of thought.

"Uh, we did make it back to my house... and it's getting rather late. You can, um- you can let go of my hand now. I-if you want."

"What do you mean?" He inquired as his gaze filled with confusion.

Then, as he suddenly looked down, it dawned on him. Immediately, he pulled his hand away and flushed what must've been seven different shades of red.

Stumbling backwards, his palms smacked his head in disbelief.

"Wha-? When... when did? I-I'm sorry? I mean," he said with his voice cracking, "I'm sorry! I don't even know when that happened."

With his face still burning up and his mouth tripping over every word he spoke, he desperately tried to regain his composure.

"I... so, um... guess I'll see you- uh, tomorrow?"

After the immense awkwardness of it all, I couldn't help but burst out into sudden laughter. Wanting to respond, I tried catching my breath, but it didn't seem possible to get enough air to say anything.

"What?" Kageyama croaked out. "What's so funny?!"

"Yes- yeah," I giggled, "I'll see you tomorrow."

A look of slight suspicion crossed his face.

"Don't worry, don't worry; I'll see you tomorrow, alright?"

Opening my door, I looked out at him one last time before turning in for the night.

A relieved smile fell on his lips.

"Alright. See you tomorrow, Y/n."