✎⠀ ̼ ̼ ⠀ ⠀꒱⠀⠀𓆩𝟷𓆪 Bleeding Oath

Pressure lingers on my back. Darkness. Nothing but black fields my consciousness, but this wasn't anything I wasn't used to before. Yet, my head is swirling–spinning. An indescribable pain that festers deeper into my core and surrounds my stomach and protrudes my back. The same feeling branching up into my forehead. My head throbs like I just woke up from a heavy night of drinking.

The pressure on my back was now a stinging sensation. My head skids through–skids through what? It felt freshly watered, but it wasn't mud. I hope it's not mud.

I hear a voice echoing.

"...are you?"

"Who are you?"

"...get here?"

Broken lines trail through my thoughts.

In an instant, my consciousness brought forth soft lights behind my eyes. Bright dots and lines sway around as I move my head.

Something prods along my back and then a sharp sensation, seemingly a nail, pokes repeatedly against my upper back.

"I don't think she's waking up anytime soon," a playful, high-pitched voice infers while their hand starts to roam around my back. "Hopefully the portal closes soon."

Lights started to flood my eyes, but it was a struggle to rip apart my eyelids. Light? I don't understand. A purple sky begins to flood my vision. I looked down and there it was, green grass and a multitude of flowers of many colors, like a vivid painting coming to life. My retinas were overwhelmed and I felt lines of tears slowly flow down my cheek.

I forgot what it was like to see. To be able to consume color and to truly cherish it. It was something I forgot to do before I lost my vision to my own mistake. But this? This was an experience I hadn't had for a long time now.

"Whoa, I think she's waking up!" I feel a body hover over me, probably roaming their gaze around me.

I let out a hefty groan while trying to sit myself up. A couple hands help support me and push me. I rub my temples as my other hand pushes against the soft terrain under me. Immediately, my mind goes blank and my forehead is met with the palm of my hand. The world keeps spinning as I try to regulate myself.

"Holy shit, my head," I slur; my voice echoes into the empty abyss.

"Are you okay?" The same voice from before chirps. She rolls her hand over the back of my head, soothing the pain that continues to linger.

"Sorry, hold on..." Groggy, I hesitantly looked towards the elegant voice that aided me. I find myself gazing upon a youthful lady. What drew me in instantly was her eyepatch. It was a black leather with a blue glowing from the holes that seemed to be lazily stitched together. Next, her red hair frames her face perfectly. The longer parts of her hair highlight her figure along with the glow of her skin. The locks were mostly straight, yet some curved. A section of the hair though was tied to the side with ruffles that were tied down by a ribbon.

Her clothes were alien, just–nothing I've ever laid my eyes on. Maybe outlandish is the word I'm looking for. Her wardrobe was draped with oranges, reds, whites, and blacks. The base was a white vertically lined shirt that had ruffles layered with ruffles as an overskirt, especially the longed-sleeved cuffs that started towards her elbow and hid her hands entirely.

"Are you okay?" She asks again while I'm deep in my trance. Her eye darted around, still looking around my face and down to my legs.

"Apologies. Who are you?"

She meets my gaze before answering, "Oh. I guess I should introduce myself, huh. My name is Date! I'm one of the leaders of the Dark realm!" She extends her arms and hands the ends of her fingers with excitement. But after her demeanor drops. "...even call me that." The first part I couldn't make out. "Uhm, do you remember your name?" She forces a smile.