Chapter IV - Nerfed

The chains unbound him and his soul started to rumble. It started to transform into a human figure. When it was finished, the handsome and dignified appearance of "Gu Chen" arrived.

Before all this, he had never expected to become Gu Chen again. His phoenix eyes took in his appearance. His hands were smooth with long fingers. Flawless white skin that seemed poreless covered both. A mole he could faintly remember was conspicuously placed on his right wrist. Unfortunately, he could only take in what was below his gaze. He would need to look at a mirror later to confirm his face.

Qin Yue excitedly observed Gu Chen who was busy looking at his new form. He gave off the austere and tranquil feeling of a cool jade stone. Qin Yue was very satisfied. If he wore clothes similar to hers, she'd no doubt find him fitting among the distant immortals.

"Not my favourite type, but it's still good," she commented.

Gu Chen furrowed his brows at her comment. Qin Yue screamed in delight at his reaction and held her chest like a teenage fangirl.

Gu Chen: ...

"Big Brother Gu, you're so handsome. That luxurious suit hugs your slender yet muscular figure perfectly!" Qin Yue bounced around in excitement. Gu Chen scanned her, wondering where her noble and arrogant character a while ago went to.

He ignored her continued fangirling and read his new profile.

System Number: 42069

Name: Gu Chen

Age: 28

Titles: Ice Cold Prince, King of Business, Debonair, Savant

Soul Points: 0

Soul Energy: 552

Intelligence: 198

Charm: 479

Luck: 102

Will: 98

Combat: 30

Skills: Advanced Sexual Intercourse, Intermediate Etiquette, Intermediate Business Administration, Basic Networking, Basic Piano Playing, Basic Violin Playing, Basic Vehicle Driving, Basic Scientific Understanding, Basic International Language Fluency, Beginner Survival Techniques, Beginner Gun Shooting, Beginner CQC

Items:

Faith Points: 10

Karma: 50/50

Gu Chen's expression was ice cold, but deep inside he wanted to flip a table. Why is that stupid skill the only one unaffected?!

He also noticed that his other skills were gone or devolved. He tried to recall his knowledge about how to do them, but they wouldn't appear. His memories of using these skills were still available, he just can't do them anymore. This revelation filled Gu Chen with great disappointment and anger. He worked so hard to get these skills, but suddenly they're gone just like that.

"Your charm went down a lot, but it's still so high. As far as I know, you have the highest starting charm of all the beginner task-takers. It's such a shame that all of that accumulated charm went away. But that's fine because the appearance of that Gu Chen has always been outstanding." By now, Qin Yue has stopped her fangirling. Sensing Gu Chen's gloomy aura, Qin Yue grinned in understanding again.

That grin only made Gu Chen's gaze frostier. He didn't like how she kept on ogling at him like a pervert. He's always been the target of smoldering gazes, but just because he's used to it, doesn't mean he finds it pleasant. Moreover, the power dynamic has shifted. It was obvious that Qin Yue was no ordinary woman. He felt more uncomfortable and warier than usual.

Qin Yue laughed. She continued. "Don't be sad. Because of your original role, you have one of the best starting points of all task-takers. I think you understand already why your profile became like that. Well, we can also put it that you're too OP, so we have to nerf you somewhat to make it a bit fair to everyone else."

At the words OP and nerf, Gu Chen was confused. Sorry, he is a filthy normie.

"What's the second condition?" Gu Chen sighed. He just wished to get this over with because this woman keeps on giving him the creeps.

Qin Yue held a piece of paper and pen towards him. The modern items looked out of place in her hands. "Please give me a signature. I've been a long fan of you."

Gu Chen's mouth gaped wide open. What does this mean? They have been watching him?

His face paled at the idea that his privacy has been violated. He held the pen and approached the paper with reluctance.

Just forget about it, he thought. These people were akin to gods. Of course, they can watch him from above when they want to.

He was about to sign when Qin Yue stopped him. "No, not Gu Chen. I want you to sign Lu Ze."

Gu Chen's expressionless face was further shattered. He looked at her with a horrified face, his bright eyes wide.

Lu Ze was the most tyrannical of his incarnations. Behind his large corporation, he also managed the underground and criminal society. Apparently, this was Qin Yue's type. Gu Chen wanted to ask her whether she has a hole in her brain.

Is it because of the private scenes? Gu Chen analyzed her eager face. Yup, it has to be that.

He hastily signed Lu Ze on the paper and gave it to her. Qin Yue was very pleased and held the signature to her bosom. Gu Chen just sighed.

Qin Yue rolled up her sleeve and looked at her diamond-studded watch. "Dang, would you look at the time. I have to leave now."

Is that so? Scram then. Gu Chen was happy.

She pointed towards Gu Chen. "Hey, you two would be fine on your own, right?"

She threw the unconscious Su Wan towards him. When he caught her between his hands, he breathed a sigh of relief. He could now touch her.

Qin Yue turned to leave but before she disappeared, she gave him one last statement. "Oh, and since you have the original conscience of all those male leads you've been, it's possible that those soul fragments would want to merge back with you. Well that is, if you get to encounter any of them amongst the infinite planes."

Then after those words, she was gone with a haughty laugh.