🌸 Denji x Childhood friend! Reader: Something better (part 2) 🌺

Previously on Part 1...
"Y/N. You don't have to lie to me that I'm on time today." Denji muttered as his tone turned from flirty to slightly moody.

"Denji, what are you talking about? I'm not lying and didn't I tell you that you arrived on time before our date started?" I asked and looked at him, confused and having no clue what's gotten into him.

"I already figured out that I'm late, Y/N. There's no point in hiding. You see, the eternity devil is a pain in the ass and I didn't even have a good sleep after we have a party with the other devil hunters! And my first kiss on that day... it is awful...just thinking makes me want to puke again..."

Denji's face is constantly changing, ranging from a sleepy face to a face with a rebellious attitude and a disappointed face. His hands are clenching hard and he is feeling so unaccomplished that he didn't even bother to finish his sentence. I stepped forward and caressed his cheeks and forced his head to look directly at me.

He's thinking about this problem all day, I can't believe this is all my fault. I shouldn't have lied to him in the first place. The Denji that is standing in front of me right now is broken, really broken. He is my friend and I am making the situation even worse.

"Denji, you're scaring me! I'm sorry for everything, you can stay at my place and go get some rest, okay?" I wailed. Both of my hands are trembling from the lack of honesty.

I feel like crying but Denji might think I'm just as pathetic as him.

Denji moved my arms away from his cheeks and he pressed his soft and warm lips against mine. I puckered my lips and gave in to the kiss. A minute later, both of us gasped for air and my head landed on his shoulder and my hand, on his chest.

"Idiot! It's none of our faults! It's you, Y/N. You made me explore things that I never get to explore on my own. Because of that, I want to treat you something in return." Denji whispered in my ear with his sexiest smile curved on his lips.

Just listening to his voice keeps me alive.

"Ehhhh~What about the cinema? You said you want to go there before we had lunch!" I said while pouting my face, which Denji finds it cute.

"Forget about it, I have something even better than that! Come with me!" Currently, the cable is touching the ground and in front of the exit line. We both got out of our seats. Denji hummed to himself and grabbed my arm, dragging me to god-knows-where.

If only I know what and where it is...

✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧

Y/N's POV
A few hours later, Denji leads me to Aki's apartment. He tries to open the front door, but I stopped him. He looks genuinely confused. That reaction he makes looks like he is asking himself whether or not he turned off the faucet before he left for our dating session or even worse, he must have forgotten to flush the toilet after eating a chipotle bowl. Just thinking about that makes Denji create a nervous smile across his face.

"Hey, what's the matter, Y/N? I know you miss me and all, but do you mind just move an inch away from mine so I could just open the door? Later, we can have lots and we could hold hands again like back in the days." Denji's awkward smile isn't fading away when he's saying that. But I have a bad feeling that he's gonna make a mess in this house whenever Aki does not have the time to supervise him. I can't just say that directly to his mouth, we have come this far and our relationship is still intact.