𝟬𝟭𝟬. Daylight

010 ────────────── NARKINA 5

 Casssian sees her. He sees her clearly.

 First, he chalks it up to be a hallucination. She couldn't be real—not here at least. Not here in the chaos of rioting prisoners. He's losing his mind and this is evidence of that. Eris Krennic isn't standing on the lift in the work room—her eyes can't be scanning for him. She can't be here, Cassian thinks. It wasn't her. His mind had to have been playing tricks on him—cruel tricks, twisting his mind as a distraction. But, then they meet eyes. A silent conversation exchanges between the two of them. I see you. It's her. Cassian sees Eris Krennic. Eris Krennic holding a large blaster, dawning Imperial suit once again, the odd shoes on her own feet. Eris Krennic has infiltrated a prison—and surely it wasn't good for anyone on the opposing side. Cassian is moving his feet before he can even think, he's going towards her and it's all he can think about.

"Attack!" Yells Kino Loy.

Prisoners erupt—tools are thrown, the walls practically shake with sounds of their angry screams. Cassian's eyes widen, holding the pipe in his hand tightly. He jams it into the lift as it comes down, stopping it. Above him, Eris grips the sides for support. How is she supposed to prove she's on their side? Cassian looks to Kino—eyes full of terror. He bolts to him, grabbing Kino in a rage, eyes crazy and erratic. "The girl—don't hit her! She's my friend! She's come to get me, she's...she's broken in! She's helping!" Cassian screams. Kino bellows the message along before Cassian is jumping to grab the lift platform, pulling himself up to her. Eris Krennic offers a hand.