𝟬𝟭𝟮. United In Grief

012 ────────────── FERRIX

(8 BBY...)

 A hand gripped her own tightly.

 Maarva Andor looked down at Eris Krennic with the best smile she could manage. Eris didn't return the smile, just looking forward with a stern face. Life wasn't fair. She knows this now, naïveté has slipped from her person. She wasn't a child anymore. Not after what happened on Rix Road, where a body swung back and forth in front of her eyes. Dead and limp. A dark yellowing bruise sat above her eyebrow—where the baton of a stormtrooper hit her just days ago. The day Clem died. Eris didn't understand why hot tears pooled into her eyes—she'd had enough of tears. There was a tightness in her throat that she tried to swallow done, but it refused to go away. She couldn't bare the sight of Clem's stone in the wall. Eris clenches her jaw and forces herself to look away.

Eris finds Cassian completely stoic—features hardened and dark. He didn't look young anymore. Death has hit them hard with it's contagious and devastating touch. As Eris stood in the cemetery hand in hand with Maarva, at the side of her best friend, it's then she realizes she never really was unaware of what the world really was. From her fathers harshest words in the early years, to her childhood caretaker being hung for being a rebel ally—to this, Eris finds herself as someone who had grown up heartbreakingly fast.