Chapter 5: Undercover Assassin

On a late night within a harbor dock with shipping crates surrounding the area stood a woman in a black coat with two armed men on either side of her. All three stood in front of a black jeep as another arrived and parked right in front of them.

The two passengers in front stepped out and one of them moved to the back to open the door for clearly an important person amongst their ranks.

It was a man in a blue suit and grey coat that stepped out with a confident smirk and suitcase in hand. The man that had opened the door shut it for him as he strides his way over to the woman in front of the jeep.

"Valencia! Long time no see." The man stated.

The woman, Valencia, smirked, "Not long enough, Ajax."

"Ouch, and I thought we were back on speaking terms." The man, Ajax, feigned as he clutched his heart, "Seeing as we did a lot more than that the last time we met."

"Let's keep this short shall we?" Valencia asked, "Y'know? Like the last time we met?"

"Business then pleasure, got it." Ajax said with a disgruntled nod whilst Valencia's guards smirked in amusement at him.

"Do you have them?" Valencia asked.

"Of course I do." Ajax responded as he walked over to their jeep and placed the case on their hood, opening it for her to see, "There we are. Intel on The Organization's best and brightest. Took me a hell of a long time to get these y'know?"

"And your efforts are very much appreciated." Valencia responds as she goes to grab the files but Ajax stops her by grabbing her wrist.

"Ah, ah, ah, not so fast." Ajax said as he lets go of her and opens his palm, "This is an exchange remember?"

"Really Ajax? Can't we just cross this as a favor between friends?" Valencia asked, placing her hand on his chest and feeling him up, "Close friends~"

Ajax smirked, "Sorry, doll. I'm tempted, but I seriously took a risk getting these. They keep their security tight even for their fellow agents."

Valencia scoffed and rolled her eyes as she took out a USB from her coat, "You're not the only one taking risks here. The Other Side doesn't take too kindly to traitors."

"Is that?" Ajax asked.

"Yeah. Data on The Other Side's newest plan. Project Marionette." Valencia explained with a nod as Ajax took the USB.

"The one about recruiting teenagers?" Ajax asked.

"That's just the first step." Valencia stated as she looked around warily before looking into Ajax's eye and speaking in a low tone, "The real Project Marionette is about-"

Suddenly Valencia was shot with a blunt arrow that latched onto her chest and everyone around her widened their eyes just as the arrow lit up in a blue hue and proceeded to electrocute Valencia's entire body.

"Valencia!" Ajax exclaimed as she screamed in pain.

He grabbed the arrow, but the electricity flowed to him as well and he started to get electrocuted in the process. He stayed strong though and pulled the arrow out, tossing it away from them.

"It's okay, Val. It's okay. You're okay now." Ajax stated to a rattled and barely breathing Valencia as he looked around, "Find whoever did this! Now!"

The four guards spread out and started searching the harbor in attempt to find the would be attacker.

Using the shadows to their advantage, the attacker tripped one of the guards and pulled him deeper into the dark as he let out a scream that were silenced by the sound of a laser pistol being fired.