Chapter 18 Kill The Monsters

CAUTION: The following content contains material that may be disturbing.

Viewer discretion is advised.

With Vio and the Althea's...

Vio turned around only to see a giant hand hurling toward him. He didn't have time to dodge as the hand was already wrapping its fingers around him. He was raised and Vio shouted surprised, "A hinox?! What is one doing all the way here?!"

"You betrayed Lord Vaati so you must die!" The hinox boomed and squeezed Vio taking the breath from him. Vio gasped and struggled for air but it was no use as the hinox's grip was too tight. He couldn't breathe.

The Althea's snapped out of their shock as they realized their friend was in real trouble.

"Let him go, you jerk!" Willow shouted at the beast and used her magic to try and wrap roots around its feet. However, it didn't work and the hinox merely had to spread its stance to break the roots. "He's too strong! We need the other Links!" Willow said panicked.

"No, we don't! We've been through worse than this, we can do this if we work together!" John said bravely.

"Alright...Yeah...We can do this..." Anise said nervously but drew her courage.

John told the twins to stay back as they were too young to be in a battle. The three Althea siblings used their nature magic, wrapping roots around all its limbs in an attempt to trap it. The roots worked for a little and loosened the hinox's hand so Vio could breathe again before it broke the roots once more.

"Argh!" Vio grunted and gasped in pain as the hinox squeezed again.

"Hang in there Vio!" Willow called to him.

"Puny beings, you are no match for me!" The hinox shouted.

Asrani giggled happily. This is easy! Why did Lord Vaati have a hard time with this stupid hero?

"That didn't work because of its strength. What should we do now?" Willow asked.

"We should find its weakness. If we can find the weakness we should be able to take it down easily," John answered.

"But what could his weakness be?" Willow wondered.

"I know! His eye! Eyes are a very sensitive part of the body and they're connected to the brain so if we can hit it's eye somehow then it'd be blinded and we could take him down easily from there!" Anise said. "When we do beat it I call getting its bodily ingredients!" She added.

Her siblings looked at her baffled.

"What? I'm the Royal Alchemist. I make potions and potions use disgusting ingredients from monsters," Anise reasoned.

"True..." John replied but still looked unsettled.

"So we need to hit his eye. How?" Willow said moving on from the subject.

"We must be precise. If I had my axe I could hit it. If there's a bow or spear I could probably use that too," John said.

"I can make the stick for it but we need a sharp head," Willow mentioned.

"Here! Use this!" Anise quickly gave Willow her dagger as well as string.

"Thanks, sis!" Willow replied. She focused her magic and made a sturdy wooden stick. From there she placed the dagger at the top and started to wrap the string around the dagger and stick to make the dagger stay.

"Hurry! Vio is turning a little violet, he can't breathe! Not to mention the hinox could crush his bones!" John shouted hurriedly as he was using his magic to distract the hinox so it wouldn't crush Vio completely.