Forty Two: The Baby

Start from the beginning

This Adrian she knew now would stay up late talking to her, he would read her some of the things he had written as if he were reading a picture book to a child, and if she didn't understand something, he would explain it to her with so much patience that it made her heart melt. He still got upset, and he definitely still got upset at her, but the second he did, there was  no more putting his hands on her, he would pull her down, and turn that anger into a passion that left her completely and utterly sated, even when she didn't know that she needed it.

Adrian had this thing about Isa, for Isa, with her, that she couldn't understand at all but understood completely, and the same went for her. She didn't know why exactly it was that Adrian and she were destined to be together, and she knew that the entire time they were together, it would be complete chaos, but that didn't matter. The feelings that had been slow to grow while she was human had burgeoned at an almost impossible speed now that she was inhuman, and that both scared her and intrigued her. She had never felt something so quick, never felt anything like this at all. It was like the second that Adrian's venom slid through her veins and turned her,  it turned on a switch that could never be flicked off.

Now that things were good, she would imagine how amazing they would be with the baby, how happy they would be, she imagined days where Adrian was always happy, where there wasn't tense days that the two encountered, where she had no clue was wrong with him, and he locked her out, and refused to tell her why, but even with those days, Isa loved him all the more.

Her neighbor had been right, love wasn't perfect, or how it was in the books, but she'd take it anyways, as long as it was with Adrian Marquise Lew.

The look of confusion that Isaline received had her making an identical face. He had pulled away from her as if she had just insulted him, then his face started to close off, "Don't say that," He stated darkly.

"W-Why not?" Isa questioned, leaning in closer to him as he started to slide away, "Why can't I say that I love you? Isn't that what-"

Those wild curls flew as he shook his head, barking, "I said don't say that, Isaline!"

"I don't understand..." She whispered, still following him, then resting her hand on his when he could no longer slide across the bench without falling off, as if her tiny brown hand on his would keep him in place. She knew it wouldn't, and he'd leave without a second thought.

This man was the king of fleeing.

He wouldn't look at her, and Isa sighed, standing up, running a hand over her natural hair, and heading back towards the sanctuary. When she was at the large double doors, and about to go in, she turned back, feeling as if she physically couldn't return without that man by her side, "Adrian, are you..."

He got up before she could finish, and turned for the door. Heartbroken, Isa turned her back to him as well, not wanting to witness him walking out on her, and rested her head against the door she was facing, completely lost. She thought telling him would make him happy because then, things wouldn't be one sided anymore.

Guess not... She thought bitterly.

She was so engrossed in her thoughts that she didn't feel him come up behind her, and screamed when he turned her around, but his lips on hers muffled the shocked noise.

"What was that?" Isa vaguely heard someone inside the sanctuary ask, before there was silence again as they shrugged it off.

Heat rushed through even though the kiss lasted at most ten seconds, and was only a roughly pressing of his slightly chapped lips to hers, before he pulled away, bending and pressing a more gentle kiss to her belly, right above her navel, before taking her hand in his once more, interlocking their fingers, and squeezing before looking down at her, "You're upset, have been for a week, and I understand that, but I'm a selfish man, and I don't want to fill the void in your heart that Ron left okay? I want it all."