Chapter 18: A Lesson On Power

Comenzar desde el principio

At this, the General rolled his eyes. "A pain in the rear as always. He can't see the bigger picture, he only sees what benefits him and his company." As he said this, he rubbed the bridge of his nose as even recalling the conversation seemed to bring back a headache.

"It brings me great joy to not have met this man yet." Irene said with a snicker. "Hopefully you can keep it that way for a little while. Anyway, since your not to busy, can I show you something?" Ironwood asked the Dragon Slayer.

Irene raised an eyebrow,"Show me something? General that's quite brash of you." The commanding officer of all of Atlas suddenly grew very red,"That isn't what I.....Just follow me."

Holding her laughter back, she did as she was asked and she stood up and started walking after Ironwood. Once again, Irene felt eerily cold as they stepped out into the hallways.

Not a single soul in sight, just as it had been for since Irene arrived in Atlas. She let out a sigh of discontent, obviously unhappy in the change of scenery and lack of people. Being a teacher, a figure for others to look up to, it felt as if it helped her move on from her past actions.

Seems it did more to help her.....sensibilities than even Anna expected. Then again, look what it did for Acnologia.

Most of all, she just missed Beacon and everything she had there even if was for a short time. Everything she was thinking about were just lists of things that she kept building up in her mind, reasons to go back or maybe just reasons to dislike the cold nation she found herself in.

Or maybe it was just a little something to distract her from those very things she was missing.

"Your lost in thought again aren't you?" The Red headed mage turned her head sluggishly as she came out of her thoughts,"H-Huh? Did you say something?" Ironwood chuckled to himself,"Is the lack of students really bothering you that much?"

Another sigh escaped Irene's lips before she looked towards the empty rooms that they were passing as they walked down the long hallway,"It.....Yes, it does bother me but its not just that. I had a clear cut reason for being a teacher, or at the very least it was a purpose for me. A way to distract myself. After I became accustomed to the layout of this place and after you introduced me, there wasn't much for me to do. Our magical network is as strong as its going to get and I am lacking far to much in this worlds knowledge of weaponry to help ready your defenses. I just.....I had things to do at Beacon, clear cut things. I don't really have that here."

"...Are you telling me your bored?" The General asked. "If that's all your taking from this, its no wonder your single." Irene responded,"I kidd....sort of. I know you haven't had anything to do, but I've been a bit busy with the board and the Council and Jacques to come and....ask you about what I'm going to show you."

"Your not trying to give me busy work are you?"

The General shook his head as he set his arms behind him,"No of course not. Asking you to do busy work would be like asking Ozpin to grade first year student's papers. No I have a very serious matter that I believe could benefit from your involvement."

"Well that's one way to tell a woman she's needed. Very gentlemen of you." Irene said in a slightly humorous tone which just made Ironwood sigh,"Do you insist on making these passes at me?"

Irene put a hand over her mouth as a small grin came to her face, "You think I'm making passes at you? Come now James, I'm far more direct than that. If I were making a pass, you'd know." Ironwood looked over at her, unsure if that was meant to be the directness she spoke of, or just another humorous pass. "Your not going to tell me which that was are you?"

Another sigh came from Irene before she just turned her head away with a grin present on her face,"Just show me what your going to show me General." Ironwood just shook his head and kept leading the red headed mage down the hallway.