Meeting Mat

June 1st

There was a knock on the door. Stella opened it taken aback to see Kaia.

"Hi."

"Hey. I know we ended off on bad terms but by any chance did your brother die because of the agony you gave him... or whatever?"

"Get out."

That didn't live long.

Kaia walks back to her house. She didn't want to tell Violet she asked because she had too much stubborn pride. They both have too much stubborn pride.

Violet must have known I was there again. "You know, I contacted Mat on the ouija board just now. He wants to see you but is scared." What!?

This caught Kaia's attention too, but she pretended to not notice or care. SHE CONTACTED MAT!? So he is a ghost! I need to see him again! I need to!

Violet went to her bedroom and tried to bring him forth, but nothing worked. He is avoiding me, and she is not professional at this. I got so excited. I should have known. I have had no luck. The only person that mattered to me left me for years. Why would he come back now? People moved into my house; that wasn't so lucky.

The second I realized how unlucky I am, I thought to myself,

What about Violet?

She is doing this for me. She cares about me and frankly, I care about her. Violet is the closest thing I have gotten to seeing Mat again.

"Sorry, Walda. He's not coming."

I should have expected this, but my heart is still crushed like a grape. I turn around to see another ghost.

He was around nine years old, hair brushing just above his eyes.

"Mat?"

"Sorry, I only am coming now."

"You're fine. You had all the time in the world."

He smiled. Oh, how I missed his grin. I felt like my life was incomplete and empty. He was the last puzzle piece I needed.

"You shouldn't have killed yourself Mat."

"I didn't get a bruise in three years."

I laugh at him.

Violet and Kaia were downstairs as we looked to see what was happening between them.

"Listen, if I made it seem like I preferred Stella over you, I didn't mean it. You're the only sister I will ever have."

Sister embracing.

Mat and I go to the Green's house because Mat wanted to visit it again.

"May I warn you, it's not like they show any signs you existed."

"Good."

Inside the house, Stella was on her phone like every other person out there. Mat glided to her. He looked back at me and flicked her on the head. I snorted.

Stella touched her head, sensing the sudden coolness, and glared around. She gave up and went back on her phone.

"I can't believe I flicked her!" Mat says to me. He clearly wanted to do that for a while.

Author's Note: One more chapter, then the book is done.