ೃ⁀➷ xv. moving on

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

astrid wasn't used to this feeling. it wasn't new, just unfamiliar.

the last time she felt this—this peace—was years ago. a hundred years ago. when everything was happy and right. but with each passing decade, that feeling drifted away, slowly becoming forgotten.

but as she lied on the bed, her face facing the bright window, the feeling came back. was this what it was like? she thought before she felt arms wrapped around her waist. is this because of her?

"you're doing that thing again," the voice whispered to her ear.

"what thing, darling?"

"overthinking before breakfast," celia said as she stood up from the bed, much to astrid's dismay, and walked to the kitchen.

their shared hotel room was small. quaint compared to the rooms astrid was accustomed to. but she liked it; it was their own little space in the heart of new orleans. astrid laughed as she stood up and followed celia to the kitchen.

there, the brunette was already cooking something on the stove. astrid found out the morning after their first encounter that celia was an excellent cook. perhaps it was because she was a witch, an expert at mixing herbs and such.

celia didn't even try to hide the fact that she was a witch. she used a bunch of spells on astrid during their... first night and continued to do so.

"by the way, i would like to finish our conversation from last night," celia said as astrid wrapped her arms around her waist and placed her chin on top of her shoulder.

"well, that conversation would have already been finished had you not pounced on me mid-sentence."

"is it my fault i'm a jealous person?"

"you're the one that asked me about my ex!"

erica playfully rolled her eyes as she placed the eggs she cooked on the fran to a plate. the two of them worked like clockwork setting up the table. as though they've been doing this for years, when in reality it's just been a couple of days.

when they sat down, erica said, "now, go on."

"yes, right, well, there actually isn't that much to tell about him that i haven't already. kl–my ex and i are complicated. we didn't end things properly and i guess that's left us with a lot more to say."

"wait, i forgot. you guys were together a while back, you left, and then you guys met up again right?"

astrid didn't tell her about being a vampire. all celia knows is that she's a witch, too. "something like that."

"and you just left him again?"

"i did."

"why?"

"he's just... so different, you know? long gone is the sweet boy i was in love with."