ೃ⁀➷ xiii. anti-hero

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

there is a popular misconception that when you get older, you get wiser.

astrid was not the embodiment of that statement. because at her age, just over 1000, she would hardly call herself wise. she didn't know a lot, that is for certain.

there is one thing she knows well, however.

and that was running.

she wasn't sure what time it was, nor did she care. when astrid felt any emotion that brought her discomfort—which was almost every emotion—she'd shut down, turn into a wolf, and run all night. it was one of the advantages of being the tribrid, being able to turn anytime she wanted to.

the rush of being on all fours, pounding your paws against the grass and just going around.

i'm here, too, nick thought as he was on all fours and running beside astrid. our dear author has nearly forgotten me.

i didn't forget you, nick, astrid thought as the two of them were just running around the woods. i've just been... occupied, okay?

i wasn't talking to you, i was talking to the author.

what?

if dogs could roll their eyes, nick would. nothing.

astrid shakes her huge furry head and quickens her pace. a few hours ago, she and klaus... admitted to some things. actually, it was just her. she admitted to something.

"i did imagine our first date, nik. i imagine a lot of things. i made more what ifs in my mind than memories of you. i imagined what it would have been like to dance with you every night. for you to tell me i'm yours before going to bed. i imagined what it would have been like to marry you and have your kids. i imagine... you."

she lets out a loud howl, cringing at the memory, and continues to keep run. the sun began to rise and astrid decide to stop and sit, wanting to watch the sunrise.

as the ball of yellow rose, astrid wondered just how many sunrises she must have watched. how easy it was for her to stare directly at the sun but never in the mirror.

whatever was going on between her and klaus had to stop. she couldn't go down this road, she wasn't going to allow herself that.

there were only 3 people capable of knocking sense into her.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•

astrid knew where hayley and tyler were, it wasn't that difficult to guess. the two of them were hell bent on helping the other hybrid's become unsired to klaus.

as she knocked on the barn door, hayley opened it and smiled at her. "hey, what're you doing here?"

"i need to ask for a favor," astrid said as tyler emerged beside hayley.