ೃ⁀➷ x. tip of the tongue

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

there was some sort of irony to this. the second chapter started with our protagonist's knees bouncing up and down as she anticipated seeing her beloved after so many years. now, the tenth chapter, her head was against his shoulder as she slept. astrid did not know that the very comfortable pillow her head was on, was in fact, klaus.

she was about to, however, as the shake of the plan shook her awake. wiping her eyes, grogginess being her main emotion, she had now realized what happened. as though instinct, she slapped klaus' chest.

had she been anyone, it wouldn't have affected him. but with being the tribrid, comes strength. "ow! what was the bloody hell was that for, my love?"

"why did you let me sleep on you?!"

"because it's been my life long dream. i've actually spend the last thousand years wishing for that to happen. i might just give a speech right this minute!" klaus sarcastically replied as astrid rolled her eyes and raised her hand, threatening to hit him again. "i didn't realize! i was asleep, too, okay?"

"whatever. don't talk to me," astrid said huffing, as she turned to her left—her back to klaus, "i not only have to suffer through this plane ride, i have to suffer through finding this sword with you."

klaus rolled his eyes, taking out the book from his bag; which was beside him. as he read the first page, he immediately put it down and faced astrid, who sighed exasperatedly and faced him as well. "if you could... would you take it?'

that wasn't what astrid expected him to talk about. there was still so much between them. hatchets that were still buried, skeletons still remained in the closet. but, it was a start. "no. a while back, i would. but, i don't know, now... it just seems..."

"weird?"

"exactly!" astrid said, missing the way klaus always finished her sentences. "i've grown far too comfortable being... whatever i am. i don't think i can even go a day without using my spells. or how when im stressed, i'll just turn and run around. and long walks to destinations? gone."

"vampires have the ability to not only heal all wounds, but are also immortal. yet the speed is what you mentioned?" klaus laughed.

astrid looked at him, as in looked at him. she saw the way his face wrinkled a little with each laugh, the way his head went back. the way he looked so... young. it was as though he was not klaus mikaelson, murder of many, at that moment. he was just... niklaus. "and you, my darling? would you take the cure?"

klaus laughed. "now why would i ever want to cure myself of being the most powerful creature on the planet?"

"second."

he rolled his eyes, but the smile remained. "yes, second." this time, astrid laughed with him. "though, i did think about it once."

"really?" astrid said as she snuggled herself into her blanket and got comfortable, excited to hear this story. she had forgotten her plan to ignore the entire duration of the flight, because all it took was the sound his laugh—the honest rumblings of his soul.