𝟏𝟕. 𝐛𝐚𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩

Start from the beginning

the boy's bright expression still hadn't left his face."you can always be doing more."

she faked a smile. "yeah, thanks, fry."

emmy walked out the room, feeling worse than when she walked in.

______

the first gathering emmy had a say in was called. the last time she had been in this room, she had only just come to the glade.

she stood there, feeling eyes on her. it was too difficult to tell why they were staring at her.

alby had made the announcement that she was second in command almost instantly.

gally was the first to argue.

"what?" he yelled, taking emmy by surprise. "she's only been here for three months!" his words stung, especially as she had considered him a friend. "the rest of us in here have been in this place since the start."

he crossed his arms, avoiding eye contact with the girl.

"shuck off, gally!" emmy clapped back, his head snapping in her direction "stop talking about me like i'm not here, alright?"

the boy rolled his eyes, stepping towards her. "you've done nothing to prove yourself, all you do is sit around and sulk!"

now minho stepped up, shoving gally lightly. "this is why you'll never be a leader, gally. because you're too much of a selfish shank for any of us to like you."

he shoved him back, pointing a stern finger in his face.

"you're so blinded by her that you can't even see what's best for the glade." gally spat, an ugly, proud, smirk settling on his face as he watched minho's blood boil.

he tried to go after him, although frypan wrapped his hands around the boy's waist to stop him.

"come on, guys, we all know she's not even supposed to be here!" gally scoffed, glaring over at the girl and then back at the boys.

emmy watched as more arguments broke out, most gladers siding with gally.

she slipped out of the room, feeling her chest tighten and tears well up in her eyes. the girl held in her sobs until she made her way to homestead, stopping once she got on the stairs.

emmy covered her mouth, her hand shaking as she did so. gally's harsh words repeated in her mind as she leant against the wall, sinking down until she was sat on a step.

sobs escaped her lips and tears slipped from her eyes. she buried her head in her legs, feeling her body shake as she did so.

"emmy?" a small, but recognisable, voice whispered.

the blonde girl looked up, wiping her tears in embarrassment when she saw minho.

"you okay?" his soft, caring, voice asked.

she nodded, standing up and plastering a fake smile on her face. "yeah, it was just a little overwhelming."

minho saw right through her, sitting on the step beside where she was before. he motioned for her to sit with him, and she did.

"don't listen to gally, yeah?" he tried to comfort her, placing his hand on her knee. "he's just a jealous shank."

emmy sighed, brushing the small strands hair out of her face. "it's just... everyone agreed with him."

"me and fry didn't." minho shrugged.

"fry and i." she corrected him, smiling whilst watching him roll his eyes.

"same difference."

her mood dropped once again. "does everyone actually think i'm a mistake?" emmy mumbled, her voice breaking as she asked.

minho didn't even hesitate to answer. "no. you're a glader and you are meant to be here, okay?"

she gave him a small nod and a sigh, glancing over at him to see that he was already staring.

she averted her gaze to her hands that settled on her lap and quickly wiped the small tear that fell on her cheek.

"i'm too soft for all of this." she frowned, a small sigh escaping her lips as minho's shuffled closer to her. "everyone tells me i should be doing more and i... i just wish they could know i'm trying."

"don't listen to them, okay?" he comforted her, hesitantly placing his hand over hers.

emmy sniffled, nodding and smiling up at the boy. "yeah. thanks, shank."

"wow, emmy, no need to be rude." he smirked, nudging her arm as he did so. "i'm being very nice right now, you know."

"i know, i prefer you as the shuckface that everyone hates." emmy said and watched the boy as he paused before cracking a bright grin.

"can i tell you a secret?" minho whispered, nudging her arm.

"absolutely."

"when i first got here i was... terrified. i cried every single night." he chuckled, despite having a small, but noticeable, frown on his face. "i didn't have many friends, you know? but one night something... happened and all of a sudden, newt and i were inseparable." his frown had now washed away, being replaced with a real smile.

the girl smiled at his vulnerability. "that's really sweet."

minho shrugged, glancing over at emmy. "i think you'd be great as second in command, em."

she nodded, catching his stares and gazing into his eyes.

"i think i want to do it."

a/n: i'm trying to update every week but it's a little difficult w school and everything so i'm sorry if i miss a week🙏🙏

also, please continue to comment and stuff, it rlly motivates me!!