𝟏𝟏. 𝐚 𝐛𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝

CHAPTER ELEVEN—A BELOVED FRIEND
[MINHO'S PERSPECTIVE]

AFTER EMMY HEARD the news about nick, she immediately fell to her knees. her eyes focused on the grass as she tried to process the information just given to her.

a hand was placed on her shoulder, short sniffles coming from that boy. the girl looked up to see minho, with tears in his eyes.

the blonde sympathised for him, her face softening and her arms wrapping around his neck. she sobbed in his arms, but not one tear fell from minho's eyes.

they stayed like that for longer than anyone would've imagined, just holding up each other as they processed the tragedy.

nick was gone, and there was no getting him back. the entire glade knew this as they watched minho and emmy sit there like that.

"should we say something?" oliver whispered into newts ear, the boy shook his head.

emmy overheard the conversation and pulled away from minho, her cheeks flushed embarrassment as she stood up.

the crowds eyes were still fixated on her. as she wiped her tears, emmy pushed through three crowd and made her way to homestead.

when she vanished into the distance, everyone's heads turned to minho. nobody had seen him this upset about the death of a glader.

his eyes didn't meet theirs, he just stared at homestead, as if emmy was standing in sight. after a while, minho stood up and made his way to the building.

gally grabbed his arm, pulling him back. quickly, the boy retaliated and shoved gally back.

"shuck off." he grumbled, turning back around but being stopped by the words of gally.

"go fuck your girlfriend for me."

gally regretted this immediately, getting pushed to the floor by the runner.

before minho could even react any further, newt rushed to his side. although everyone had their suspicions, newt was the only one who knew about minho's feelings for certain. so, he knew exactly how his best friend would react.

minho chuckled before walking up to the boy on the floor, stepping on his chest as he tried to get up.

newt scrambled, standing beside minho. "forget that bloody shank, go find emmy." he advised in a low voice.

instantly, the boy released his foot before slamming it into gally's side. minho leaned down, listening to him groan in pain.

"keep emmy's name out of your mouth, shank." he said, strutting towards homestead after.

everyone watched as he left, in complete shock and awe. none of them had ever seen minho act this way before.

newt knew that emmy was driving him insane. the blond boy cared about minho, more than he should care for a friend like him.

he realised that nobody had clicked better than those two, newt genuinely thought they were soulmates.

as minho walked into homestead, he immediately saw emmy on the floor. her cheeks had tear stains but her eyes were emotionless.

"em?" he spoke up, a sadness filling his voice.

she immediately looked up, recognising his voice, and sniffled whilst wiping her cheeks.

"minho." emmy sighed, standing up and wrapping her arms around him. the embrace was the most comforting that they had experience, or at least remembered experiencing.

the boy could feel her shaking as she struggled to breathe because of her sobs. minho placed a hand on her head, pulling emmy closer to him.

tears of his own began to well up in his eyes, but he pushed them back down. he was extremely emotionally constipated, it was a huge flaw of his.

"nick was kind to me." emmy said, her voice shaking as she spoke into minho's shoulder. "he was kind to me and didn't expect anything out of it. i know that's why everyone else talks to me, i am the only girl so what should i expect?"

he couldn't reply, he didn't even know what to say. it must be extremely difficult being the only girl in a place full of boys.

once they pulled out of the hug, they couldn't help but just gaze into each other's eyes. it felt as that moment could last forever, like all their troubles had floated away and it was just them.

unfortunately, that was not the case and they quickly snapped out of their daze. afterwards, they couldn't bear to make eye contact.

minho hesitantly put a hand on her shoulder, smiling as she frowned. "let's go to sleep."

emmy didn't protest, she walked up the stairs whilst being followed by the boy.

"minho, i can walk myself." she grumpily mumbled and he stopped right then and there on the stairs.

"alright, goodnight." he smiled, knowing that today had been difficult enough and not wanting to bother her.

when minho walked down the stairs, the blonde girl felt her heart sink. although she had asked him to leave, emmy secretly hoped that he would stay.

"goodnight." she mumbled when he was out of hearing-distance.

that night, neither emmy or minho slept. the image of nick haunted them and everybody else in the glade.

and they all knew that things were going to change and that the glade would never be the same without nick.

𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐘𝐎𝐔 // 𝐭𝐦𝐫 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐡𝐨On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara