Chapter Twenty-Two

I was laying on the bed almost falling asleep when Wednesday woke me up. "What?" I asked still almost asleep.

      "come with me." Wednesday says. "Why?" I asked. Wednesday of course ignored me and just tossed a pair of clothes at me and I changed and followed her back to that statue.

    Wednesday then stands on the ledge of the statue and looks at the book. "Wednesday what are you doing! It's kinda cold out!" I say wanting to go back to the warmth of the bed.

     "Figuring out the riddle." Wednesday says then taking out a notepad and starts writing.

   She then vegans to circle words and then she gets off the ledge and walks forwards then turns to the statue.

    I look at her notepad and the circled letters. 'Snap twice' it reads and me and my sister snap twice.

   The birds wings then go down and the arm moves and then statue moves back. I walk into the room and Wednesdays follows behind.

     I hold the flashlight in my hand as I walk down the stairs. I see an empty room filled with books and the same marking on the drawing on the floor.

I walk around and so does Wednesday. I look over at my sister who is holding a book that she puts in her bag.

I then see someone put a black hood over her head.

"What the f-" I say but get cut off when my vision is.