Chapter 2:

The four boys guarded the entrance to the shop, facing the stranger who approached. 

"Step aside." he ordered. 

"Lloyd! What's wrong with you?" my brother asked, as Nya dragged me by my hand inside the back of the store to hide. We gave each other the same worried look as we listened to the conversation from behind a shelf. 

"I want a word with your master!" 

"Whoa, Lloyd's gone through puberty!" 

"What's gotten into him?" 

"I sense some kind of foreign entity has taken over his body; so the question isn't what, but who's gotten into him?" 

"Whoever you are, whatever beef you have with Sensei, you have with us. Give us back our friend!"  

"How are we supposed to fight a friend?" 

"Let me show you!" 

There was screaming, and we could hear the boys being blown back hard onto the ground. 

I stood up to run out, only to have my arm gripped by Nya. 

"Bree, no," she whispered. "We don't know what we're up against." 

"Great! We don't have powers but he does?!" we could hear Jay complaining; I frowned. 

"I'm one of them," I reminded the noirette. "I have to help." 

"If four people at once can't take him down, how are you going to?" 

"..." 
She made a good point. 

"I don't know," I answered. "But I can't sit here and do nothing." 

We suddenly heard Sensei calling. 

"Take the truck! Get them out of here, now!" 

The both of us stood and ran to the front of the store, looking to Wu for his next instructions. 

"Nya, Bree, we need to leave too." 

"But this is our place!" Nya argued. "Tell us, Sensei -- what's happened to Lloyd?" 

"There's no time." 

"NINJAAAAAAGO!" we heard Jay yell, only for it to be followed by another scream. 

A few seconds later, there was a loud crumbling noise. Looking between the two, I ran out the door to see the propeller of a windmill striking the ground. 

It was only by Sensei yanking me back by the collar that I avoided getting hit, but I could just barely make out Nya's brother going airborne, before slamming face-down against concrete in front of the customers that were just leaving. 

I tried to run again, only to be held back by Sensei's staff as the stranger walked through the door, only after another of the boys' failed attempts to keep him at bay.  

"Get out!" Nya scolded. 

"Go stock some shelves before you get hurt." the unwanted guest warned. The noirette glared. 

"I'll take you on anytime!" 

"Stay back, you two," Sensei ordered. "It's me he wants." 

"Not you," the man corrected. "Just your father's staff." 

"I see you've found the Allied Armor, Morro," Wu continued. "Yet you haven't summoned your friends." 

"Your pathetic students haven't given me a reason to."