She looks up at me from the bowl, "Can I trust you to cook the bacon?"

"On it," I nod.

-

KENDALL

We've been at the beach for a few hours now. Jack and Alex joined us about an hour ago. Jack keeps giving me flirty looks but I'm trying hard to not give him any signals because he's not who I want.

Who I want is standing a foot away from me talking to Jack. But I shouldn't want either of them, and I think that just makes them even more appealing.

My brother is a chill, go with the flow guy but when it comes to my siblings and I he's insanely protective. I don't even wanna know what he would do if he found out about Jack and I. When he found out Connor cheated he actually threatened to cut off his dick, which had made me laugh then, but now I kinda wish he had done it.

I stand up, "I'm gonna go in the water if anyone would like to join."

My brother turns to look at me, "We're," he gestures to Alex and Jack, "Gonna go grab some food, want anything?"

"I'm good," I smile at him, "Thank you!"

"I'll stay and watch the stuff," Jamie nods.

Jack, Alex and Trevor start up the beach while Jamie sits back down on one of the towels.

"I'll be right back," I start towards the water. Jamie gives me just a nod.

When I get to the water I'm quick to dive under the waves. I love how the world goes silent when you're underwater but you can still feel the motion of the waves. I wish I never had to come up for air, but I do so I don't drown.

In another life I think I was a fish because I hate when I step out of the water and onto the hot sand.

When I make it back to the little camp we've set up on the sand, Jamie's still the only one there. But he's laying out on one of the towels, his back is towards the sun and I can't help but stop and stare for a second.

He's got his arms crossed under his head, making every curve and line of his muscles more defined. There's a sprinkle of freckles across his shoulder blades, I want to sit down and count each one.

Okay, maybe this isn't anything more than me just being attracted to him but he's not just cute, he's kind, caring, patient.

When we were making breakfast this morning I accidentally touched my arm to the hot pan I was making pancakes on and he immediately rushed to help me out. He found a first aid kit and wrapped it up with some aloe so it would heal okay. And then for the ten minutes after that he kept an eye on me just incase I did it again.

Okay, maybe this is more than just a crush.

I gently shake my head before sitting down on a towel, leaving two towel spaces in between us.

"I don't bite," Jamie says looking over at me, his cheek is still rested on his forearm.

"I know," I smile over at him as I lay down on my back, "There's just more sun over here," and that's not a lie, his lower half is covered by one of the umbrellas we have set up.

We only get a few minutes of silence before the other three boys join us again, laughing as they approach.

"We've brought pizza!" Trevor's voice makes me shade my eyes with my hand and look up at him.

"What kind?" I ask as he, Alex and Jack take their seats. I know I said no to food but this pizza smells so good.

"We got a cheese and a veggie one," Alex explains opening one of the boxes.

"Veggie?" I scrunch my nose as I sit up.

"Alex's choice," Jack mumbles shaking his head in disapproval.

"What is wrong with you?" I look at Alex.

He's taking a bite of his pizza but smiles and shrugs, "I like what I like."

I roll my eyes and reach for a piece of the cheese pizza.

"I thought you weren't hungry?" Alex teases from beside me.

I glare at him as I lift the slice of pizza to my mouth, "Oh, screw off, Turcs."

-

It's nine pm and I have the house to myself and I'm beyond bored. I'm so bored I'm laying on the couch with my feet in the air wiggling my toes. I had been watching TV but it was putting me to sleep.

Trevor went out with Jack and Alex, and I have no clue where Jamie is. But that quickly changes when I hear the garage door open and shut.

"Jamie?" I call out, flipping over onto my stomach.

"Hey," he walks into the living room looking like he just came back from a work out. His cheeks are tinted red and the of neckline his shirt is still damp with sweat. It makes me think about what he looks like when he's actively working out, his muscles flexing while he lifts weights...Kendall! I have to scolded myself or I won't stop.

"Will you hang out me? I'm bored, I need company," I smile over at him from the couch.

He laughs, "Yeah just let me shower real quick."