The Owl

I was sat in my living room with a paint brush in my hand. Finishing the last strokes of my painting. I was painting my Niffler, Arko who was sat in front of me with a pot of gold to get him to stay still.

Then I heard a knock on my window. It was an owl. I opened the window and let the owl in. My pet owl, Cliff pecked the other owl.

"Stop it, Cliff, I'm not replacing you," I scolded.
I grabbed some animal feed and fed the owl as I grasped the letter tied to it.

Dear Anna Booth,

I hope you are doing well, it's been a while since we've last spoke. I have an offer that I would like to propose.

I am planning to travel across the globe to research more about magical creatures for a book I wanted to write. I know that you are also a Magizoologist so I wanted to ask whether you wanted to help me.

We will write the book together and of course, I will credit you.

From Newt Scamander

I smiled as I read the letter. Newt had been my friend during my Hogwarts years along with Leta Lestrange. It was a shame that he got expelled just to protect Leta. I suppose Hufflepuffs are like that.

I was looking for a compartment to sit in when I noticed a boy sitting there lonely.

I opened the compartment door, "May I sit here?"
The boy nodded.
"My name is Anna Booth," I smiled and extended my hand.

He grasped my hand and said, "Newt Scamander."
I noticed a leaf-looking creature in his pocket.
"What's that?" I asked.

"Oh, it's a bowtruckle, I'm assuming you're Muggle-born," he smiled.
"You have magical creatures too!" I exclaimed.

He smiled.

I decided to come along with Newt, this could be a great adventure for me. I snatched a sheet of paper and a quill and wrote.

Dear Newt Scamander,

It's great to hear from an old friend, I hope you are well too. I would love to go on this journey with you. I can't wait to see all the magical creatures.

Yours Sincerely,
Anna Booth