"so how long you been back?" he questioned.

"five days."

"and like, how you feelin? "

"i mean, ever since i gave my life over to my lord and savior Jesus Christ, things have been like really good." i joked.

"word that's what's up" he responded obviously not getting to joke.

"yeah." i played along before realizing he really doesnt catch the joke.

i'm fuckin whichu fez, it was a joke." i stepped forward slapping his leg, laughing before standing by his side.

"shit." he laughed with me getting the joke.

"hey i don't judge." he said

"uh, but lowkey is ashtray in the back?" i questioned him

"you serious." he turned to me.

"what you think cause i went to rehab i stayed clean?" i told him sounding like he just said a joke.

"i mean ain't that the point." he asked.

"yeah well the worlds coming to an end, and i haven't even graduated high school yet." i said before walking towards the inside of the store to go into the back freezer.

opening the freezer i hear rap music giving me the sign ashtray is indeed in the freezer.

"i though yo ass was dead." he said dropping his spoon into his cereal bowl before moving it to the side.

"and i though you had Asperger's til i realized you're just a prick."

"this is a fickle industry. y'all come and go. i'm just trying to stack my cash, pay off our mortgage. so what the fuck you want."

he passed me what i usually grab, and i pocketed it.

"you sure you don't wanna try nothin new?" he asked.

"like what?" i questioned.

"2 C-T-2, 2C-T-7, and 5- meO-DIPT." he named off.

"i'm sorry i have zero fucking idea what you just said." i told him clueless onto what the fuck i just heard.

"doesn't matter, but this shit is fuckin lit." he responded picking up one of the drugs he named off

"what is it?" i questioned.

" N-diisoproply- 5- methoxytryptamine. it's a fast-acting psychedelic. got some similarities to LSD, but with like key differences. not as visual and shit, but definitely a sense disorder. i don't know this shits been blowing up in tampa, and mad people like to fuck on it." he finished explaining to me.

"okay yeah." i said after dozing back to what the fuck he was saying. i have still zero clue to what he was just saying but that shit sounds good.

"that'll be $120." he said

"uh fezco said he'd spot me."i lied.

"fezco don't spot nobody." he made it clear.

"yeah well it's a post-rehab discount, so you should ask him."

"i will go ask him cause i know you full of shit." he accused me.

i ended up walking out the freezer back door.

i walk out seeing nate jacobs passing fezco money through a hand shake.

in truth, i didn't have much of an issue with nate until all the bullshit with jules. i mean i never liked him, and once during freshman formal, he tried to finger me on the dance floor without my permission.