Chapter 1

There was a lot of things that I hate in this world

There was a lot of things that I hate in this world. Slow walkers, biter coffee, pink clothes but the thing that I hated the most?

My phone ringing at 7AM on my day off.

God, if you're up there listening to me do know that I don't deserve this torture.

Groaning into my pillow, my hand searched for my phone soewhere on the nightstand. Finally feeling the cold metal press against my palm, I peeked an eye open to look at screen. Only for my eyes to widen.

If there is one thing I know about my bestfriend Zara Jacob is that she never wakes up before 12 on holidays and I know it was probably around eleven in Dubai right now.

I immediately swiped and answered, "Hello? Zara?"

There was a silence on the other end, "Zara? Are you okay?"

"Athena,"

Her voice broke at that single syllable and I immediately knew something was wrong.

Terribly wrong.

"What happened? Zar, talk to me." I urged her.

"Can you come here? I need you," She mumbled.

"To Dubai? Like today?" I think my eyes were going to fall right off it's sockets.

"I need my bestfriend, please." She whispered. 

"Zara, you're scaring me right now. Is something up with you? Uncle and aunty?"

"No, no. They're totally fine. I just need your help with something,"

"Don't tell me you're getting married," I gasped.

Zara, my feminist extraordinaire bestfriend getting married? Is this the end of the world?

"Fuck no!"

And there she is.

"Then?" I prodded.

"Just book the ticket. I want you here,"

"But-"

"Fine then. It's not like we didn't see eachother since that last day of highschool right?

"Zara, you know how busy my work is."

"I need someone right now and you know I can't call her."

I froze and then exhaled through my nose, rubbing my forehead.

"Zara, you have to unders-"

"Okay, got it. I'll deal with it myself." She said and hung up before I could get another word out.

I frowned and flopped back onto my bed.

What a disaster.

She sounded really distraught and I've never seen her so upset and on the verge of tears. I quickly dialled her number again only to find it switched off.