~21st December, 2021

December 2, 2021.

Dear Santa,

Firstly, I would like to say I'm grateful to you for every single wish I've made which you've granted, over all the past years.

This is another Christmas year, and I'm writing to you like I always do. I want to make a wish, but it is not a wish for myself. It is a wish for someone else. And this is someone whom I care and love dearly. If this wish is not granted, I don't think this Christmas would be anywhere near perfect. And I'm afraid about it. So, I'm hoping you can make it happen. 

I love you always, Santa. And thank you once again.

Your friend,

TBWLWTU.

_______________________________________

December 21st, 2021.

“Let's keep Christmas beautiful without a thought of greed.” ~Ann Garnet Schultz~

“Mum, let's do something different this Christmas.” Marco shouted across the living room, down to the kitchen, where his mother was.

“Something new, like having sex.” Sammie smirked, saying it rather than asking.

“Oh, shut up! You're always full of rubbish. That's why your girlfriend left you.” Marco said, eyeing him irritatedly.

Sammie, who had been provoked by his brother's statement, shot him an annoying glare, staring daggers at him. 

“One more word from you and I'll show you the difference between the both of us.” He shot at him. But Marco wasn't moved at all. Rather, he sat right there on the armchair, unmoving and expressionless.

“You think I'm scared of you? Huh?” Marco gritted his teeth and stared daggers back at his brother.

“Alright, that's enough, boys. No more fights this time. Come on.” Grania, their mother said, coming into their living room with a tray of juice and pancakes.

“He started it first.” Marco almost screamed, pointing a finger at his brother.

“I did? Really?” Sammie frowned. “You should just shut up and stop lying.” He hissed.

“You-” 

“Enough!” Grania yelled, and immediately, everywhere became dead silent. She took her time to take a proper look at both of her sons, before she went on with what she had to say.

“When will the both of you end this madness? Why can't you stay a day as siblings without fighting? Huh? Tell me.” She questioned, her eyes shifting from one person to another, expecting a response, but none came. 

“Things are about to start changing.” She continued. “Don't you think you should, too?” She asked, looking from one person to another, pleadingly. And after what seemed like a few minutes of silence, she stood up and left.

••••••••••

The room was as dark as the night. No single light to illuminate the place. It was just total darkness, yet he was able to still find his way around.

He walked into the room, slowly, with his hands tucked in his pockets. He stood right there, in the middle of the not too large room and studied everything, like he was a visitor.

At the right-hand side of the room, his bed covered with a deep blue coloured bed sheet and red pillow sheets, was where he decided to fix himself first. He gently got on his bed and laid down, placing his head on the pillow.

Within a few seconds, numerous thoughts began to ramble through his head. He thought of so many things, but none of them was able to put a smile on his face, as he couldn't think of a proper solution to them.

Soon after, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket, and he hesitantly brought it out. Scrolling through the massive number of notifications that had filled his phone since yesterday, his eyes got hooked to a particular one from his email. Immediately, he clicked on it to know what it contained.

And just as he had guessed, it was from his college. And as he read through, the last line of the statement was what got him all filled with anxiety.

“If you're unable to pay up before the 23rd of this month, we would kindly withdraw your admission.”

“Withdraw my admission? What – why would they do that?” He sat up from his bed immediately as he questioned no one in particular. “I passed your exams. You shouldn't do this to me. Give me more time.” He went on and on, talking to himself, wishing they could hear him out. But unfortunately, no. Graniads High College, couldn't hear him.