Chapter 7: Final Showdown

"Wait!" The woman yelled.

"What?" I asked her.

"You forgot to bring these."

She then ran towards us and gave me a sword and a pendant.

"These two things will keep you safe from that creature, now go and save Jamie before it's too late!"

We then ran towards the cave as fast as we could, running away from the falling meteors and avoiding any hostile being.

"Were almost there." Eric told me.

"Alright on the count of three we go in there okay."

"1...2...3... GO!"

We ran towards the cave's entrance and stopped to catch our breaths.

JAMIE'S POV:

"I can feel them now, i can feel them coming towards me." The mysterious voice said.

"I'm really impressed that you managed to send Mike here to save you," the voice said."Unfortunately, like what I said consider your 'boyfriend' a pile of dust when he comes at me!"

"Mike will defeat you! And he will do whatever it takes to save me!" I yelled at the voice.

"Oh please he's a mortal, a weak mortal, he couldn't even defeat me if he tried to."

"He's not-"

I then felt something slap me in the face hard, it really hurt that I couldn't say anything to the voice anymore. I was left there to just stare.

MIKE'S POV:

"Alright Mike it's all up to you." Eric said to me.

"OK but where could that dark force be hiding?" I asked.

"Don't worry, i'll try and detect it to find it easily." He told me.

He then raised his hand up in the air as if trying to sense something.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Shh... i'm trying to find it!"

"Hmmm..... there head north I detected it and the force was coming from the north."

"Alright, let's go we have no more time to lose." I told him.

"You know Eric i'm starting to wonder how you get those powers." I asked him while we were running.

"Mike, it's the afterlife everyone here probably has something unusual under their sleeves."

"Yeah you're right."

We kept running until we found ourselves in one of the tunnels inside the cave, before we went inside I peeked at the inside and saw Jamie kneeling with her arms and legs tied up, I then ran towards her to try and help her free.

When she saw me tears started forming in her eyes but that stopped when I was halfway through untying her.

"Wow, pretty impressive. You managed to show up." I heard a female voice say.

"Who are you and what do you want?!" I asked the voice.

"Oh i'll show you myself."

I then saw a leg go out from the darkness until her body was fully seen, it was...... Kenzie!

"Kenzie?!" I said shockingly.

"Surprise! You though you'd never meet me again, did you?"

"Why are you doing this to her?!"

"Oh you know to plot revenge against you, for what you did to me last time."

"Well then if you wanted to come at me why did you have to bring Jamie into this?!"

"Because I thought that if I took Jamie away from you I would hit two birds in one!; Jamie gets to suffer as well as you!"

"Well i'm not backing down without a fight!" I told her.

"So...am...I" she said.

Instead of running towards me though, she raised her hand up in the air and a black veil of smoke instantly surrounded her. After a few minutes she then became a large hideous monster.

I then prepared myself so that I won't get crushed by this demon. She quickly tried grabbing me but I managed to dodge it instantly I then ran towards her in a zigzag pattern so that she would miss every single projectile.

When I got close to her I quickly pulled out the sword and slashed it across the monster's leg. Kenzie howled in pain.

I placed up a good fight between her but then a slip up happened. I was about to target her heart when she quickly grabbed me and tried choking me against the wall.

"You really thought you could defeat me!" She told me.

"Well say your prayers cause you're about to say goodbye to Jamie!"

I then closed my eyes and anticipated for pain but what happened next gave me such relief. Eric had come in and managed to distract the monster with his powers.

"Nice move you got there." The monster told him."I'm impressed that you can handle those kinds of moves... But can you handle this!"

Suddenly a black shadow ball came out of her hands and pushed Eric against the wall of the cave. She then turned towards me with a large grin plastered on her face.

"Goodbye!"

"I don't think so b*tch!" I told her.

I then pulled out the sword and aimed it right in the heart. She quickly dropped me and clutched her chest. I then quickly ran towards the monster to finish it.

I then stabbed the heart for a few more times before a white light started appearing and she was no longer found.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" She said as the white light engulfed her.

I walked towards Jamie to help untie her from those ropes, we also walked towards Eric to help him get up.

After that we all walked outside the cave, when we walked out though everything was back to normal, the sun was shining the trees were colorful, everyone was outside of their houses looking really happy.

"Well we managed to stop Kenzie and saved this whole dimension, thanks to you Mike!" Jamie said to Mike.

"Well... i'm just glad you're now safe!" I told her.

"Hey before anything I have a surprise for you!."

"What's that?" I asked her.

"Well, you're just gonna have to come with me!" She told me.

"Ok!" I replied to her.