85. Confession and Letter

Start from the beginning

I thought back to that night.

-flashback-

"...do you... do you want to have sex with me...?"

-end of flashback-

"Yeah... I remember what you said..." I told her.

"Well... I was well... I was so in the moment I didn't think I was thinking straight at the time. The words just came out of my mouth..."

It sounded like she's apologising for what she said. As long as Mikasa was happy, I was happy.

"It's alright Mikasa, I understand..."

"B-But that's not the thing I wanted to tell you about right now..."

"Hm?"

She gently pressed her forehead into my back.

"I... I had a think about what I said afterwards... when I was more in control. And uhm- well... I realised that deep down I truly meant what I said Y/N. I wanted to do it- right then and there. I didn't know what you would think so I instinctively just thought that I wasn't thinking straight..."

"..."

I didn't know what to say. It was just shocking realising how quickly my life could have changed a few days ago.

"Just know that I trust you fully. I have no doubt about it. You trust me... right?"

"You already know the answer to that,"

"I'm glad we are so open with each other. Can I ask you a question? I know I've been asking you a lot of questions, but there's one important one..."

"You can ask me anything, and I'll answer truthfully,"

"Well... on that night, if I didn't freak out and realised I meant what I said..."

"..."

"W-would you have..."

"..."

"Would you have... done it with me? Would we have had- sorry I don't know the polite way of putting this-"

"Yes," I immediately replied.

I didn't need to think it through.

"...Thank you Y/N..." she said, as she held my hand. "Although that means I guess we got lucky I panicked that night and we didn't do it... with the government sending hunting parties after us, it would just complicate things even more,"

I think this is the most Mikasa has ever opened up to me.

"Mhm..."

"Thank you for always listening to me,"

-20 minutes later-

For a while, we decided to just hold each other.

No talking, no thinking, just the touch of one another.

"Do you wanna make breakfast for the others this time? Kioka has been doing it for the past few days..." Mikasa suddenly asked.

"Good idea. Let's do it,"

Hopping out of bed, I went straight into the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw my white hair was in a mess. I tried ruffling it around to sort it out, but I just made it worse.

"Need some help?" Mikasa chuckled, as she watched me from outside the bathroom.

"...it's alright," I sighed, as I kept trying to neaten my hair but came to no success.