Chapter 28: The Aftermath

Two Days Later

"This is really tiring, you know that?"

"Yeah, I know that. I just think that maybe, you know? Just maybe, we should help them out?" Dustin argued.

"What are you two blabbering about again?" Robin asked Dustin.

"Steve's back to overthinking-"

"This is not overthinking, this is real shit. We've been going in and out of Hawkins, and in and out of Massachusetts for the past two days and you don't even bother to think that maybe the cops are following us?" Steve pointed out.

"We're here, you big babies." Robin said.

Steve put the car to a stop. Dustin and Robin got out, bringing the groceries and some supplies. They walked in the hospital, still not familiar with it as, ofcourse, it is a Massachusetts hospital and not a Hawkins one.

"Yes, how can I help you?" Asked the front desk, stopping them from walking to the elevator.

"Oh, yeah. Hey. We're here for Henderson. 4th floor." Steve said.

"She's my cousin. And the guy is my in-law." Dustin said.

The lady looked at them and nodded. "All right, off you go."

"Thank you." Dustin said.

"Does it feel weird calling Eddie your in-law?" Robin asked out of the blue.

"Well, I gotta start getting used to it." Dustin said as they entered the elevator.

Steve pressed the 4th floor button, and the elevator door closed.

"When do you think Max will wake up?" Robin asked.

"We're all hoping she'll wake up." Steve said.

"Lucas, especially." Dustin added.

"Let's just hope there's progress with these two." Steve said as the elevator doors opened and he exited first.

Dustin lead the way to Room 305. He gently opened the door and put down the bag of groceries on the table.

"Dusty."

Dustin quickly looked at the hospital bed and found Y/N awake. He smiled and let out a relieved laugh and sat down beside Y/N.

"You're awake. Oh, God. I thought I lost you." Dustin said.

"Yeah, like you can get rid of me that easily." Y/N joked.

"So no one misses me?"

Dustin turned to look at the bed beside them, where Eddie was. Dustin's smile grew bigger and tackled Eddie.

"Woah! Easy, Henderson!"
"You're gonna hit his wounds!"
"Careful Dusty!"

Dustin and Eddie looked at one another, and bursted out laughing.

"How long have you two been up?" Robin asked.

"I woke up last night." Y/N said.

"Mhm. And you would not believe how she cried a river-"

"Aren't we supposed to keep that to ourselves, Munson?" Y/N shushed Eddie.

"Hmm, let me think." Eddie said, acting as if he was thinking. "Nah, I don't want to."

"Oh piss off." She said, which made Eddie and Dustin laugh.

---

Hours went by fast, and Dustin, Steve, and Robin had to get going. They can't stay away from Hawkins too long or people will get suspicious.

They found out that Hawkins claimed Eddie was dead.

Fucking bastards.

But then, perhaps, it was the only way to protect him.

"Are you feeling better, sweetheart?" Eddie asked Y/N, who was laying on the other hospital bed.

"Yeah, much better." She smiled at him. "Honestly still very shocked that I manage to have enough money to afford the hospital bill."

"I really have to pay you back with the bill." Eddie said.

"No, no. It's okay. I earned a lot within the past few years while working part-time." Y/N said.

"I'm forever grateful for you. You know that?" He asked.

"Mhm. I know." She smiled. "Hey, uh...I was wondering. Since you won't be returning to Hawkins.."

"Yeah?"

"Well, I was wondering...if maybe you'd like to...I don't know, live with me here in Massachusetts?"

Eddie looked at her. He could feel the tense, how nervous she was. She was basically asking him to move in with her.

"Well, I mean, you obviously can't go back to Hawkins, they think you're dead. And I don't think my conscience can take it if I leave you alone-"

Eddie stood up from his bed and kissed her, shutting her up. She melted in the kiss and held on to him, pulling him for more.

He was the first to break off and gave her a smirk. "Well, that shut you up."

"Do I talk too much?" She asked.

"Yes, you do."

"At least I have someone to shut me up." She said.

He smiled and pulled her in for another kiss. Their kiss was full of love, full of comfort, full of joy.

"So, is that a yes?" She asked.

"I'd love to spend the rest of my life, if possible, waking up beside you and seeing your face before going to sleep. You don't know how happy I am to hear you asking me to live with you." Eddie said.

She smiled. He doesn't know just how happy he made her.

She will forever thank herself for asking Robin that favor. If she didn't, she wouldn't be able to see him smile like this again.